Advice on a new laptop

Folks, would really appreciate some tips on a new laptop. My desktop is running a tad slow now and FM10 is a bit jerky, so thought it was a good excuse to get a new lappy for gaming and movies (would like HDMI too if poss). I bought my desktop about 3 and a half years ago, and didn't really keep up with the latest processors and specs. Anyone have any tips/recommendations for around the £750-£850 range? What do I have to have in a laptop these days? :cool:Any help is much appreciated!

Dell are the worst laptops EVER thats why there that price my mother has had nothing but trouble with it, it used to be mine and it was horrible the HDD broke every 5-7 month and also the screen went also the connections come apart every other month luckily I took out the warranty so these problems never cost me anything, although I didn't really do much on that laptop it was so bad.

Now I've got a Macbook, 160GB, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and the memory is at 2GB and I've just recently updated to Snow Leopard, for a year now I've had no problems what so ever with Leopard or Snow Leopard, I'd recommend to anyone :)

Archived