Transfer target leaked!

My main gripe, apart from the bakgrounds being royally messed up, on what is an excellent game is this! I have made 9 offers for players only to have 7 "leaks to the press". This has resulted in 4 targets being snapped up (normally to the joy of the supporters) by other clubs!

I have a good set of backroom staff that are doing wonders with my team and scouting etc etc and are therefore reluctant to fire the lot of backstabbing traitors! (I know - innocent before being proved guilty and all that political hogwash!)

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I feel that 7 times is a little overboard by any standard.

Please could we have this tuned down a smidge dear SI, it is a wee bit irksome to say the least!

Chin chin!

My main gripe, apart from the bakgrounds being royally messed up, on what is an excellent game is this! I have made 9 offers for players only to have 7 "leaks to the press"......................Please could we have this tuned down a smidge dear SI, it is a wee bit irksome to say the least!

I agree it is frustrating (to the extreme) but to be honest it is akin to real life.

I can't remember the last time I was surprised about a (real life) transfer, nearly every transfer/target is leaked to the press before going through.

It's annoying but it's realistic

Also remember, IRL alot of leaks tend to come from either the player, their agent or their current club

Or in order to gain more interest so they can command more money from the buying club(s)

Welcome to greed 101 :) lol

Of course some are leaked because someone involved in one the clubs wants to impress someone down the pub lol

Actually, you'd be surprised

Wont be "big media", but could be local media having a slow news day, or the local sports website or college paper

Agreed, lower the league of the nation, the less it should happen, because money/greed isnt such a big factor, so leaks would only happen to save face to supporters maybe?

Actually, you'd be surprised

Wont be "big media", but could be local media having a slow news day, or the local sports website or college paper.

Believe me, dealing with the local rag as I do (it's a crap job, but someone has to do it!), they very rarely break any news about players signed or approached!

However - it does need refining for the Non-League circuit!

Nice debate by the way!

Believe me, dealing with the local rag as I do (it's a crap job, but someone has to do it!), they very rarely break any news about players signed or approached!

However - it does need refining for the Non-League circuit!

Nice debate by the way!

Well, if you're about the circuit, then you'll know better than I do

But might there not be local websites or such that might be interested, in this day of information and the internet, I wouldnt be surprised

Or we should be able to see who leaked it!

Agreed. In fact i've actually suggested a few times that there be some sort of internal investigation to reveal who leaked the story.

Archived