Mac user : football manager f84713 Crash

I got a problem on my mac book, Football manager give me an error message and i can't play anymore.

the error message told me that :

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000000001dc

Crashed Thread: 0

and a lot more... could you please help me?

There's a lot of people experiencing the same issue. It's been logged in the bugs forum and we're now just waiting on SI to acknowledge it and do something about it. It's seems to have been concluded that it's either a memory issues (leak?) or something to do with the sound.

• Administrators

What was happening within the game when you received the crash? For example was it when you were playing a match, or processing, or on the tactics screen etc? Please let us know, thanks.

What was happening within the game when you received the crash? For example was it when you were playing a match, or processing, or on the tactics screen etc? Please let us know, thanks.

My crash was during a match, just as the opposition scored and the ball was crossing the line. It was a Europa League qualifier against Peyia FC, I was playing as Fulham, and it was on the 6th August I think, although the game had been running for around seven hours.

I play on a January 08 spec iMac, and had no issues at all with the vanilla demo, playing right through until January with a single crash.

Well it was when i were playing a match, i clicked on the information button at the end of it and then it crashed.

I have the same kind of crash when i play with the demo, but i wasn't doing something specially, just watching the match.

I'm on a may 08 mac book 13" with 4gb memory

i've had a couple of crashes on my mac, they just seemed to be in random places. The game seemed to slow down at first then just give up.

One common theme seems to be whilst i am playing a match (had game minimised during a match when it crashed once).

I also posted the log on another thread if thats of any use :D

Can those of you experiencing match engine crashes on the Mac try disabling match sounds in the preference screen to see if that makes a difference, thanks :)

Will give this a go tonight.

Did point out in another post that this does kinder make sense because I had no issues on the demo, but played the Vanilla which didn't have sound anyway.

Can those of you experiencing match engine crashes on the Mac try disabling match sounds in the preference screen to see if that makes a difference, thanks :)

I experience the same problem while a was playing using the 3D suddenly the games crash.. this happened first time after i add the new patch.. although after i unistal the game i try it without the patch but again at some part after few games(2-3) it crashes again! i'm now playing with no sound as you said! i will let you know in a bit.. cheers.

P.S. Please fix this (:

I experience the same problem while a was playing using the 3D suddenly the games crash.. this happened first time after i add the new patch.. although after i unistal the game i try it without the patch but again at some part after few games(2-3) it crashes again! i'm now playing with no sound as you said! i will let you know in a bit.. cheers.

P.S. Please fix this (:

P.S. I am using MAC os X

I tried this and as yet haven't had a crash.

I've got further into the game than I had before, so things are looking positive. Although it's disappointing to have to play without in-game chants and noises =(

It hasn't crashed since disabling the sounds? Obviously we'll be looking to address this in a future patch but for the time being it'd be best to keep the sounds disabled. Apologies for the inconvenience

Hello!

Yes i also use the game in mac book pro i disable the sounds and start a new game(i m using the patch1.0 ) and till now im in september everything looks normal.. no crashing! I will let you know if something change.

Cheers.

It hasn't crashed since disabling the sounds? Obviously we'll be looking to address this in a future patch but for the time being it'd be best to keep the sounds disabled. Apologies for the inconvenience

It's still crashing for me even after disabling the sounds. Any other suggestions? Other than the clear cache/library one.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm the same, though I've not disabled sound, though I had turned of all other settings, I will do now. Though it always when a long pass goes 1vs1 with the keeper. It's so annoying, I'm playing against a better team, and I'm winning by punting balls and sending youngsters after, hence why i have tried 4 times to complete this game, and it's crashed out every time. It's painful.

having turned everything off visually I still crashed. After turning the visuals back on and turning off the sound it worked. I have a new laptop 2009, so i struggle to believe it's at issue. I'll maybe look into getting more ram. I bought this game so I wouldn't have to play on the windows side... quite disappointed at the crashing. But if it's fixed in the next patch, I guess mistakes happen.

• 5 weeks later...

Having same problem

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Happened 5 times today. Always when in a match on 3d match engine mode.

Will disable sounds. in the meantime anyway know if its 'fully' sorted yet? does that 10.2 patch (which I've just downloaded) fix this?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Having the same problem, only it happens when I'm starting a game. I've been playing consistently for the past three months and clocked 5 days of play. It only started happening this morning.

Crashed Thread: 3

I've tried re-installing, deleting the preferences file, turning off the sound, and everything that has been posted here and it's still not working. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

My game crashes when pushing forward. I have already played 2 seasons and never had a single crash.

I have the latest patch and playing the game on a new Macbook.

Model: MacBook5,1, BootROM MB51.007D.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.32f8

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, PCI, 256 MB

Sorry for all the code but this is what I get:

Version: 10 . 3 (10 . 3 . 0 f 104782)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [159]

Date/Time: 2010-04-21 16:29:48.032 +0200

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D573)

Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 6078 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 4

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 3106 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 4

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000031

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 ...mes.eur.FootballManager2010 0x01d53bb8 TEAM_BASE::get_club() const + 8

1 ...mes.eur.FootballManager2010 0x0077b948 TRANSFER_MANAGER::computer_evaluate_standard_offer(ACTUAL_PLAYER*, TRANSFER_OFFER*, bool) + 120

2 ...mes.eur.FootballManager2010 0x0077cd18 TRANSFER_MANAGER::computer_evaluate_transfer_offer(TRANSFER_OFFER*, bool) + 264

3 ...mes.eur.FootballManager2010 0x000d0263 TRANSFER_OFFER_NEWS::default_action(HUMAN_NON_PLAYER*) + 83

4 ...mes.eur.FootballManager2010 0x00ae66d9 NEWS_MANAGER::update_unresponded_news() + 473

Please help me!

Me too - I always have the sound disabled anyway. 1 Sept 2012, it all goes wrong. I went on holiday, came back the game was ok, next game on 8 Sept it crashed. Always when I go to 3d mode, going to see if I can play a game on text mode or any other way

M09 v 9.3.0 f36776 quit unexpectedly

Process: fm [220]

Path: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm

Identifier: com.sigames.eur.FootballManager2009

Version: 9 . 3 (9 . 3 . 0 f 36776)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [148]

Date/Time: 2010-04-20 22:08:59.482 -0400

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D573)

Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 139601 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 5

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 51315 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 5

Anonymous UUID: 440432DE-77E4-4DBB-A0C8-637DF4ECBA7E

Crashed Thread: 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing 3 seasons as Aston Villa (just England medium DB selected) and started a new game with only Italy serie a selected and it keeps crashing upon setting up the game.

btw I have had crashes before during the game when in a match but this is the first time it is happening when starting a new game. I have sound disabled too. Anyone know why this is happening?

grrr

• 1 month later...

I have the sam problem, Im playing the latest patch and in the first season and on the 6th of october. mine doesn't crash in game it crashes whilst processing prior to a game the next day. I am unable to play on as it does it every time in this exact place, starting to get very angry with it, might have to get to the shop and but championship manager ! i need my manager fix

I have the sam problem, Im playing the latest patch and in the first season and on the 6th of october. mine doesn't crash in game it crashes whilst processing prior to a game the next day. I am unable to play on as it does it every time in this exact place, starting to get very angry with it, might have to get to the shop and but championship manager ! i need my manager fix

Have you tried holidaying past the date?

Archived