No Loyalty shown by staff

I started a new game as Chelsea and wanted to bring in better coaches, scouts and a new Assistant Manager. I managed to get the backroom staff I wanted and tied them all down to 2-3 year contracts, but come the end of the season 1/2 of them expressed an interest at working somewhere else. I find it very annoying that I spent ages sifting through staff to find that they are going to leave after 1 year. I doubt this would happen in real life so why should it on here.

And also there are way too many staff people coming out and expressing that they want to work somewhere else or to join your team.

Cheers

Adam

Yeah, when I started with Arsenal, a few of my coaches went out in the media saying they wanted pretty much any job in the game (except the one they had)

Gattling wants Portsmouth first team coach job

Gattling wants Tranmere first team coach job

Gattling wants ....rinse and repeat.

Offer them a new contract and it stops.

Afraid not.

Newcastle United in my second season. After promotion, Peter Beardsley (of all people) went FC Koln. 5 other members of my coaching staff left for other mid-table Premiership clubs and 2 scouts went to the Championship. All were signed up to new contracts in the same summer. Don't get me wrong the money was a joy, but when it's just you, Chris Hughton and Rob Lee trying to control Barton and Smith it's not all fun and games :(:p

Seriously though, I think this is probably something that needs to be addressed in the next patch.

Yeah, when I started with Arsenal, a few of my coaches went out in the media saying they wanted pretty much any job in the game (except the one they had)

Gattling wants Portsmouth first team coach job

Gattling wants Tranmere first team coach job

Gattling wants ....rinse and repeat.

That Gattling fella keeps on stating he wants to join my Sunderland setup, good coach though, shame i've filled my quota

Tbh, loyalty has always been off, both for staff and players

The moment a contract is offered, unless you're able to counter, it will ALWAYS be accepted unless the offered contract is "not good enough" in the players eyes

Personally, I think personal with a high loyalty stat should turn down offers, unless their contract is running out or the move represents going to a club with a much higher reputation, a favoured club, or the offered contract is a major improvement on their current (even on the last it shouldnt guarantee success, just greatly improve the odds)

Flip side though, if they have a low loyalty stat and a club offers better money or reputation, then not even hell freezing over should stop them departing imo

Of course, one thing to remember, the same happens with you offering a contract, you'll only ever be turned down if a higher rep club offers a contract at the same time (or the current club offers and its a youth player)

Archived