Fm2010 - patch 10.2

Hi SI,

Well done (ish) on the new game....

Just wondering when the new patch is out as I bought the game (as did my mate) to solely play over the network. Unfortunately (using 10.1), the game is currently ruined by the fact we can see who each of us are bidding for, offering contracts to and it therefore takes all the fun and mystery out of playing as we can see who each player is bidding for and makes it a complete 'no-contest'.

Personally I feel that this is a pretty big mistake in the game we both paid £30 for. I don't understand why the game gets released when it doesn't work. We both rushed out and bought it and put time aside to play to only discover that there was no point due to the huge mistake in the multiplayer mode.

If anyone can enlighten me as to when the new patch will be out correcting this (and the many other problems people are having) then I'm sure we would all appreciate it. A rough date for 10.2 would be great!

Cheers for reading.

The thread was previously stickied, but has since fallen down the pages. It's their usual patch strategy it seems, with 3 patches being released during the ecourse of the games lifespan. One on release day, one around christmas, and one after the January transfer window with a data update.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=154305&highlight=patching+strategy

Hows it a mistake? You've always been able to see which clubs are bidding on a player.

I think you have misunderstood mate - on a two player network game on FM 2010 10.1, if I bid for a player, it is coming up on my friends screen so he can see I'm bidding for someone. This wouldn't be a problem if the player was on his shortlist but every time I bid for a player of offer a contract it is coming up on his screen as news items so he can see exactly who I am in for. This has never been so on the previous games. You could only see who your opponent bid for if they went in for someone you have already bid for/offered a contract or gone to their transfer screen and viewd players they had tried to sign and have missed out on.

The fact it comes up in your inbox as news is rubbish as the other player can sit there and bid for the gems you find!!!!

After playing several seasons patch 2 needs to address the following. I'm sure some of these will be addressed but all need to be, imo.

1. Too many penalties. Is it linked to Assistant advice and hard tackling? Maybe. But needs adjusting.

2. Too many red/yellow cards. Possibly linked to Ass Man again but it's certainly a problem, even when tackling is medium in default tactics.

3. Substitute condition bug. No reward for resting players late in a match. Badly needs fixing.

4. Regens. Too many at the start of the game?? I'm running large database.

5. Next match screen in the 'overview'. More info needed as it was a lot better in FM09, yet there is more room this time! Such as days to next game. Surely easy to implement.

6. Tactics screen. Slight delay when accessing should be optimised.

Archived