Is automated opposition instructions the cause of discipline and penalty problems?

DP

I have a lot of penalties for and against over a total season as well as a stupid amount of red and yellow cards given against my team.

However others are hardly seeing any.

I always ask my Ass Man to set the opposition instructions and generally they crank a lot of players up to 'hard' tackling.

I wonder if this is the cause? Are those without the problems above setting this themselves so hard tackling is not used as often?

It's not my tactics, it's my assistant manager!

Probably yes. I use it on 2 players maximum a game against technically gifted but weak players to give my players more chance of winning the ball.

I don't know if the Ass Man is setting it too often, probably if he's ignoring your team settings, but thats the risk with getting your Ass Man to something thats pretty much key.

just set the instructions yourself to be on the safe side.

Agreed because a lot of the time your Ass Man is effectively 'over riding' your tactics by setting too many opponents to be tackled hard!

I think it needs to be toned down in a patch so that hard tackling isn't as common a suggestion.

I have a lot of penalties for and against over a total season as well as a stupid amount of red and yellow cards given against my team.

I've noticed a great deal of red cards as well. Before I got the sack I was getting on average one red card every other game. Will restart the game and try another team to see if it makes a difference.

I've noticed a great deal of red cards as well. Before I got the sack I was getting on average one red card every other game. Will restart the game and try another team to see if it makes a difference.

But was this because you used to ask the Ass Man to set opposition instructions?

I think this is definitley a problem, not just allowing them to set them, but also just acting on their advice.

Playing a Fulham in first friendly against Bradford, told it would be worth going in strong on Peter Thorne. Fifteen minutes into the game and Zoltan Gera is sent off, straight red for tackle on Thorne.

First game on the first Europa Cup qualifiers against Peyia FC, 3 penalties given away, one by Pantsil and the other two by Kakha Kaladze who I have on loan and who is making his debut.

On these two games I have followed the Ass Man's advice about going in strong and these are the results.

Archived