Load Game Error

Apologies if this is in the wrong section and i have used search bar and cannot find an answer to my question

Im trying to load a game that i was playing last night and im getting the message "THE SAVE GAME COULD NOT BE LOADED"

I have the disk in drive but also activated with steam, becasue i was playing with steam online last night and then went offline so that i can play at work (with no internet connection) be the reason? If so this really is rubbish

when you mean offline do you mean you installed the game offline ? or you playing it though offline steam ?

I originally installed offline as i got disc on thurs, went steam went live fri I activated through steam. Last night i was playing through steam online, but becasue i have no net access at work i made steam offline so that i could still play game

When you finished last night were you asked to save before quitting? If so was the save game properly saved before you switched your computer off? If it wasn't properly saved then unfortunately I think you might have a corrupt save in which case you'll have to start again unless you have the rolling autosave option enabled.

Archived