...and it's off the bar!

yeah i think i hit it atleast 3 times a match

i reckon poor jonny howson has hit the bar atleast twice as much as he's scored this year

it's realistic in terms of the shots being off target/on target but all the off target ones seem to hit the woodwork

I have a striker in the East Midlands Premier League @ level 10 who ALWAYS hits the woodwork, but that may be due to his horrible finishing stats :D

Seriously though I think there IS a slight increase in hitting the post/crossbar from last year, but it's not so much that it's a problem I don't think.

it's not a major issue as they are the kind of shots that should be off target or straight at the keeper so the result is correct, it's just the way that the result comes about! just something to consider when patching

anyone hitting the woodwork a lot?

not sure how my tactics could help solve this issue

also, i have an abundance of red cards despite not having any of my players set to hard tackling

MAn marking a super fast player with "normal" tackling could also be a definite issue...if the players' fast( and ur defenders are clearly not fast enuf) set opposite player instruction of Marking to Never.Instead close him down.... might help...

aye i fiddled with my defenders to fix the penalties issue and it worked

it's more the ball-winning midfielder

i've customized him to not tackle hard and he still keeps getting sent off (his replacement does too)

aye i fiddled with my defenders to fix the penalties issue and it worked

it's more the ball-winning midfielder

i've customized him to not tackle hard and he still keeps getting sent off (his replacement does too)

In that case try doin this...Set him as Central Midfielder, set as "Defend" and change the Closing down if u want to "Whole Pitch"....see if this changes anything....the player in this case will do almost the same things as a Ball Winning Midfielder but i guess this will serve to find out whether its an ingame setting that "BallWinning Midfielders" foul hard even if we change it....try it if u wish and if u do please let me kno wat happened..:-)

The ME has a few ways to represent goal attempts

Misses:                                          Goals:
It goes Wide                                   It goes In
It goes Over                                   It goes In off the woodwork
It hits the Woodwork
The goalkeeper cathes it
The goalkeeper tips it over
The goalkeeper tips it wide
An outfield player blocks the shot

notice which area of goalscoring has more entries

that's one match though

and 3 shots hitting the woodwork still! that's a lot. even in a game with 27 shots

how many games a season in the prem do you see the woodwork hit 3 times?

I dont expect every shot my players to result in a goal.

3 times is not very many.

This wasn't an EPL game, nor do I watch the EPL so I couldn't comment on that, at lower levels it is more frequent than you seem to believe.

Scientifically, 1 case does not make for good science.

I've checked the stats for the other matches I've played, this match was fairly representative of all of them.

I am having the same problem. Going down 2-0 to falkirk at half time then made a quick sub a defender for a defender then in the last 10 mins i come back to win 2-3 doesnt seem very real life to me as Aberdeen struggle to ever score 2 goals in a match never mind 3 in the last ten minutes. I think the touchline shouts have a adverse effect on the game.

The ME has a few ways to represent goal attempts

Misses:                                          Goals:
It goes Wide                                   It goes In
It goes Over                                   It goes In off the woodwork
It hits the Woodwork
The goalkeeper cathes it
The goalkeeper tips it over
The goalkeeper tips it wide
An outfield player blocks the shot

notice which area of goalscoring has more entries

I dont expect every shot my players to result in a goal.

3 times is not very many.

This wasn't an EPL game, nor do I watch the EPL so I couldn't comment on that, at lower levels it is more frequent than you seem to believe.

I've checked the stats for the other matches I've played, this match was fairly representative of all of them.

seem to believe?

i've seen tons of lower league games, wigan and leeds ones mainly. i don't remember the bar being hit much at all. i'd say an average of once a match at most. infact i distinctly the remember the last time i saw the bar getting hit in a FL game and it was a while a go

To be fair I've rarely hit the woodwork in my game...my team generally doesn't get that close with their shots :(

lol, 'its your tactics'

But yeah, I am also finding the woodwork is taking a battering. I did post a thread similar to this when the demo was out and it was 50/50 with people responses.

i think some people are just blind to the realism of football

there's no way the woodwork gets hit on average 3 times a game

or even twice

i can only ever remember ONE game where the woodwork was getting hit a lot, and i don't remember what that game was

i play in goal myself in 5-a-side nets and it might get hit 3 times a game at most and that's much smaller goals

i think some people are just blind to the realism of football

there's no way the woodwork gets hit on average 3 times a game

or even twice

i can only ever remember ONE game where the woodwork was getting hit a lot, and i don't remember what that game was

i play in goal myself in 5-a-side nets and it might get hit 3 times a game at most and that's much smaller goals

You must be thinking of all the games RvPersie plays in - he's got a fetish with the wood... :D

In fairness, the attempts at goal in the game are much higher than in real-life, so you can't compare really. Some games in real-life can wind up with a grand total of 2 or 3 attempts at goal...

Ergo, with a higher number of attempts/shots you're no doubt going to get a few which hit the woodwork.

Besides, it keeps you (the game-player) more insterested/frustrated.. which is the purpose of PC games.

Archived