Vágner Love Ineligible?

Hi Guys,

Not a big poster on the main FM forums but here goes (please be gentle on me):

Started my first game on FM10 with Middlesborough and got them up, all was well. Towards the end of the next transfer window I managed to pull off what I thought was a major coup when I managed to sign the afformentioned Vágner Love from CKSA Moscow, I hurredly raced to my next game so he could make his debut only to find he was ineligible due to not being able to play for 3 clubs in 1 year, and a message saying something about June-July IIRC.

Having checked his history turns out he played for Palmeiras on a year long lone deal it seems, before returning to CSKA, playing 3 games (which is where my problem arrises from) and then signing for me. At this moment in time it isn't showing me a date of his return so I'm fearing a spell out until the end of this current season, which would really dent my chances of staying up and possibly sour this save game so much that I don't return :-(

My question is: Is that a correct implementation of the rule? I thought it only applied to permanent deals, IE: the Mascherano deal from Corinthians, to West Ham to Liverpool, rather than a loan deal? Just seems a little silly as this would mean, if I had a youngster who I gave a few games to, sent out for a couple of months on loan, then sold on in January would be ruled out until the following July? I'm sure there would be real life examples of that last one in particular!

Thanks in advance for any response!

James

Cheers lads, I know of course that I am his third club in a year but its the fact that I loan deal counts that I wasn't/am still not convinced about.

The only example I could think of being a Grimsby fan is this lad http://www.itfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10272~36415,00.html (Liam Trotter), a current Ipswich player, who played for his home team, join us on loan, then joined Scunthorpe for another loan period that season. That's 3 clubs in a season is it not?

If it is the case that loan deals count then he would of been ineligible for Scunthorpe until July by that reckoning :-S

Short-term loans in England may not apply to this rule, but generally loan deals do apply. I guess this is down to the unique English loan model and just an exception.

You should have got a warning about this when making the offer. There is always one additional line on the transfer offer screen. Easily missed though :(

Aye, 'tis not the end of the world, but there I was so excited about Jó and Love upfront hehe, there was nobody in the room at the time but I would of loved to have seen my face drop!

Still, he might be back in time to do some serious damage in the Championship! :-P

Archived