Extending the number of playable English leagues

You're not being daft. Lots of people support the idea. However, SI have stated that they won't be adding any new playable leagues or countries in the forseeable future. Which, I feel, is a shame.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Probably daft. You gotta draw the line somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No harm in drawing it a little lower!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

No harm in drawing it a little lower! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once you draw the line lower, someone else will want it just that one level lower.

ie. If you did go that low, you'd have someone pipe up "My team are just below Northern Counties East - why isn't that division available?!?""

• SI Staff

One major factor against this is, of course, the lack of reliable research of clubs below Conf N/S (indeed, we struggle to get some Conf N/S clubs with a dedicated researcher). Of course, if you wish to help., please post in the Data Issues forum (non-league thread).

Plenty of people call for Ryman League etc being included, but few reply when we ask for help researching clubs at those levels.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Once you draw the line lower, someone else will want it just that one level lower.

ie. If you did go that low, you'd have someone pipe up "My team are just below Northern Counties East - why isn't that division available?!?"" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't mean the original poster is daft.

ie. If you did go that low, you'd have someone pipe up "My team are just below Northern Counties East - why isn't that division available?!?"" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't mean the original poster is daft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He suggested he might be daft himself. I didn't just pluck it out of thin air.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gripper:

One major factor against this is, of course, the lack of reliable research of clubs below Conf N/S (indeed, we struggle to get some Conf N/S clubs with a dedicated researcher). Of course, if you wish to help., please post in the Data Issues forum (non-league thread).

Plenty of people call for Ryman League etc being included, but few reply when we ask for help researching clubs at those levels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think if the researcher jobs were paid, you might have a better response.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gripper:

Plenty of people call for Ryman League etc being included, but few reply when we ask for help researching clubs at those levels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think if the researcher jobs were paid, you might have a better response. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SI wouldn't gain anything by doing that though. So they may as well not include it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Pig-farmer's Weekly reports that Manager X will only be able to field 8 players in this afternoon's line-up after Fat Stan reported that his Ford Anglia with Long John and Four-Eyes Morgan in the back has bu99ered its carburettor again." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gificon14.gif

Way too close to realism.

Can i just ask why SI must go as low in just england. I understand that in England you have accsess to get into the Pro leagues but still i would like to manage lower leagues in scotland, is it going to happen. Hell no. So why should it happen for the england fan base. England is not centre of the world. (P.s i have nothing against the english i just hate one set of people getting more than another. I would like to see further down other nations as well)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

Can i just ask why SI must go as low in just england. I understand that in England you have accsess to get into the Pro leagues but still i would like to manage lower leagues in scotland, is it going to happen. Hell no. So why should it happen for the england fan base. England is not centre of the world. (P.s i have nothing against the english i just hate one set of people getting more than another. I would like to see further down other nations as well) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weren't Gretna a non-leauge side in England a few years back? Aren't they now in the Scottish Premiership after only 5 seasons in the Scottish league, including three back to back promotions?

Ok, granted they did have a lot of money pumped into them and the above is slightly humorously facetious but the point is that the English league is of a much higher standard than the Scottish one, overall. Afterall, Scotland has, what, 40 teams in its entire professional league whereas England has more than that in just the top two divisions.

Germany, France, Italy and Spain all have their semi-pro leagues represented in FM. That Scotland doesn't is probably mostly due to the lack of reasearchers for those leagues, as Gripper said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sandy_Tait:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

Can i just ask why SI must go as low in just england. I understand that in England you have accsess to get into the Pro leagues but still i would like to manage lower leagues in scotland, is it going to happen. Hell no. So why should it happen for the england fan base. England is not centre of the world. (P.s i have nothing against the english i just hate one set of people getting more than another. I would like to see further down other nations as well) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weren't Gretna a non-leauge side in England a few years back? Aren't they now in the Scottish Premiership after only 5 seasons in the Scottish league, including three back to back promotions?

Ok, granted they did have a lot of money pumped into them and the above is slightly humorously facetious but the point is that the English league is of a much higher standard than the Scottish one, overall. Afterall, Scotland has, what, 40 teams in its entire professional league whereas England has more than that in just the top two divisions.

Germany, France, Italy and Spain all have their semi-pro leagues represented in FM. That Scotland doesn't is probably mostly due to the lack of reasearchers for those leagues, as Gripper said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC Gretna were in the equivalent of the BSN, which is now playable in the game.

i think the lower scottish leagues are about equivilent to say the ryman league, about the same attendance and quality of leagues. i think at least we should be ale to view these leagues and players, see who is going up and down, rather than a lottery at the end of the season for promotion to bsn/bss. playing them though, i think the attributes would have to go up to out of a hundred to get a better indication of who is good and who isnt.

By that logic SI shouldn't EVER extend England's or anyone else's level unless every single nation on the game was extended an extra level. In fact, the game should be discontinued immediately and everyone at SI arrested on some PC, limp wristed charge of wasism and discwimination because some countries aren't featured at all!

That's the sort of whinging logic that crippled the economy in the 60s and 70s.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">England is not centre of the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say, chaps, is it just me or are the provinces getting a little big for their boots of late, wot?

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm so not funny.

Gretna were in the Unibond Premier before their switch to the Scottish League to replace Airdreonians.

And Carnoch, I'm not talking about proportions or putting Scotland down for having a smaller league, I'm just trying to point out the glaringly obvious fact that the reason the English league has more divisions represented in the game than Scotland is simply because it has more professional and semi-professional divisions and has more researchers. Hows and wherefores don't matter.

Archived