Is anyone actually doing badly?

Try being Newcastle! The board wont sanction any new signings as the team is at the top of the wage budget already, nobody wants the rest of the high earners, no money for transfers either. That leaves you with a good starting 11 (for that league) and a handful of promising young players, meaning that injuries can desimate your season. Add to that a minimum exoectation to win the league and it can become tricky.

Im currently stuck in a 3 way fight for the top 2 positions, although a couple of bad results now would see me slip down out of automatic promotion places. Done well though to recover from a mid-season inexplicable slump in form.

I think the difficulty is about right tbh. I'll reserve judgement fully until i've played more than one season though :)

I'm not strolling my league. I'm Gillingham in League 1 and with a really low wage budget and a bunch of donkeys being paid a decent wage it's been tricky for me to bring in any new faces...currently 12th in November so I'm doing better than irl but certainly not strolling the league :)

I won the Blue SQ South in my first season with Bath, and finished second the follwing season in the premier. Also won the FA trophy. Think the verin is maybe a bit easier, but i like to think it's because it can now reproduce my intended tactics effectively :D

i finished 2nd with Newcastle on my save(West Brom is the champ.) . As u said injury determines my season . First half of the season i managed to have 10 points lead over them. But 2nd half , i had an most 1st teamers injured . didnt win last 5 games of the season. :(

BUt i'm in Premiership now(Middlesborough didnt promoted , lost in playoffs final)

Yeah was doing. Started at Man Utd got sacked in March was 7th in the league. Decided to download the english update (with all leagues) from fmbase.co.uk. Now managing my Local Side Rossendale United. Supposed to be relegation candidates but Iam currently mid-table.

Playing as Celtic, board minimum expectations, win the league, get to group stages of CL and get to Final of the Scottish cup. Just finished the first season last night and crashed out of the CL in the qualifying stages, out if the Scottish cup in the quarter final and lost the league to Rangers by 1 point. I expect to be sacked before the new season starts, so erm...I'd have to go with no the game imo is by no means too easy.

Playing as Norwich I'm drawing almost every game. I hated being the favourites in previous versions of FM and as Norwich you are favourites for almost all of your matches despite a fairly poor squad. The lack of pace in the team is killing me as well, I think I'm going to have to stop trying to play nice football and just hoof it and hope. I fully expect to be sacked in a couple of games.

only done 2 seasons in aus with gold coast finished 6th first season runner up in playoffs

won league second season losing in major final of play offs, minor to come.

aus is hard anyway due to wage budget cap, its a level surface for all teams, but so far seems about right, just started with ac milan so well see soon enough

My team started off well and the form has dipped badly.

Started with Rangers, no money to spend, already overspending on the wage budget and nobody wants to buy the diddies (Beasley, McCulloch etc).

Now, due to a form slump I'm sitting 3rd going into November.

I've played FM since the first game that Ov and Dobs knocked out under the DoMark banner and I've found all of them very easy.

The only years a release was problematic were those years where there were game crippling bugs out of the box like too many injuries, badly managed finance bugs etc.

This seems no different. Started a game Div 2 Eng and quickly rose to top of the league, started another similar game with another team but more leagues to push my system and was soon again top of the league.

When i found out about the data addon to make UK lower tiers (9-10) playable I jumped on that and was delighted to be able to play as manager of a team I have dealings with in real life in the North West Counties 1st division.

I've not played much of it having set it up late last night but it's going to be a long slog and no doubt difficult because there is no money and there is no-one to spend it on if I had money (players won't come on loan so I have to rely on a pool of amateur newgens and it's a challenge )

Where I was going when I started was to say that sure, the game is easy, especially so the further up the leagues you play and you get into the financial comfort zone but there are difficult challenges out there if you really want to make it hard for yourself.

My team started off well and the form has dipped badly.

Started with Rangers, no money to spend, already overspending on the wage budget and nobody wants to buy the diddies (Beasley, McCulloch etc).

Now, due to a form slump I'm sitting 3rd going into November.

Beasley is great. McCulloch is excellent too as a DM because of his high teamwork and workrate. You can stroll the league as Rangers without signing anyone and blooding the youth at the same time.

My advice would be to try to be Walter in Europe when playing away from home 4-1-4-1. Once you get a goal up go to a contain and touchline shout of 'play even safer' - nobody gets the ball of you and you can see out a victory.

I've lost three goals so far all season (5/6 league games and 1 CL group game against R.Madrid where i drew 2-2).

Try being Newcastle! The board wont sanction any new signings as the team is at the top of the wage budget already, nobody wants the rest of the high earners, no money for transfers either. That leaves you with a good starting 11 (for that league) and a handful of promising young players, meaning that injuries can desimate your season. Add to that a minimum exoectation to win the league and it can become tricky.

Im currently stuck in a 3 way fight for the top 2 positions, although a couple of bad results now would see me slip down out of automatic promotion places. Done well though to recover from a mid-season inexplicable slump in form.

I think the difficulty is about right tbh. I'll reserve judgement fully until i've played more than one season though :)

Absolutely...I took up the same challenge...pretty tricky...Am leading though by a mere 2 points (January)...:-)

i'm not doing brillliantly

i'm leeds and top after 27 games, but only by 1 point and nowhere near the real life leeds points haul (though we have been pretty amazing)

got to 42 games top on goal difference but the game crashed and sent me back (must make autosave monthly)

i beat norwich 5-0 at home (down to ten men after 2 minutes) and 6-0 away which was fun

Im playing with Spartak Moscow. The first season was quite easy, won the cup and the competition.

The second season was harder, only finished 3rd and went out in quarter final of the cup.

But for me the game is not too easy. I struggle against some opponents.

Tough as nails to be honest but I have downloaded league update to tier ten.

Playing Grimsby Borough tier 10.

cant win for toffee in league they get 80 fans rest get around 200.

you lose good players on wim with no transfer fee as they are amatuer.

won first game six games in but suprisingly got through first games of every cup which helps.

ps Shaka Sangoma get rid of boshall and clarke they are liabilities and very weak not even conference standard. central midfield is very weak at grimsby improve that it does improve things. Although Sweeney does do killer deadball freekicks scored a screamer for me before I decided to have a crack at very low LLM.

I do agree that wingers is an issue especially right with strikers needing to play as no reconised winger. Heggerty did well for me found akpo was better down the wing than forward. It does have some good youth to dip into like bradley wood. For some reason the game got Dallas Moore missing from reserve/youth our american central defender. Someone said on our forum his dad very rich owner of a fashion chain in america.

im having an absolute nightmare as arsenal boss

out of the champions league at the qualifying stage after leading 5-1 on agg at one stage , out of the league cup (1-4 at home to stoke), 2 games already lost in the premiership and sitting at 7th in the table

One full season so far. Not really badly, but definitely frustratingly, minor underachievement, inconsistency more bad then good. However have probably rectified the tactical issue that caused me terrible defensive issues (not so much 'score one more then you' as 'concede one more then you or the same if we're lucky'). Won't know until 2nd season starts though. Started with pretty much the same thing since 07 so I can make a comparision and its definitely not been an easier start.

For people who have been playing the game for over a decade it obviously feels easy. It can be still very hard for more casual players.

I think what makes is easy for experienced players is not the Match Engine or Tactics or Tranings but the transfer/Team building strategy of AI. We can build a winning team without spending a single penny whereas AI teams are letting their better players leave free for whatever reason and then they bring new players who are neccessarily better with higher fees. The amount of good players changing club with Bosman rule is so big compared to real life.

Playing as Plymouth, favourites for relegation in FM2010 and in real life. Currently half way through first season after signing ten new players, around 7 of them on free transfers. I'm over wage budget and currently sitting 13th playing 4-2-3-1 after the other recommended formations 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 failed miserably for me. I wouldn't say it's any easier really than FM2009 apart from the tactics wizard and shouts make it easier to change midway through a game and get a result. It was so fiddly before either having numerous tactics or messing around with the sliders midway through a match I rarely bothered.

A great deal depends on the reputation you give yourself at the start. I started quite well as Plymouth too but then a mid season crisis left me suriving relegation with 2 games to go. In my second season the chairman sold my best central defender to someone else in the league two days before the window closed, at the time I'd already sold my other defender for £2.5m as he was in his last year of contract and wasn't going to re-sign.

Try being Newcastle! The board wont sanction any new signings as the team is at the top of the wage budget already, nobody wants the rest of the high earners, no money for transfers either.

I did try them and failed miserably. I kept getting red cards and only managed sixth and as a result got the boot.

um. I'm not having much luck with Donnie Rovers. Gto a lot of free signings and have a mopre than half decent squad. Results are all over the place, dominate and beat top teams, can't touch the ball vs bottom of the league clubs...

I simmed up to 2030 and picked a team in the Italian c2. Predicted to finish 4th and I'm definately underachieving after 10 games. Gave up 5 goals one game while trying to play a pretty safe counter attacking strategy; kinda made me angry.

define badly. (playing as liverpool) losing out to tottenham in the F.A cup semi final? scraping a league cup final victory over man utd after an 80th minute goal from captain fantastic and defending like there is no tomorrow? coming 6th in the league and struggling to manage that? barely getting through to the champions league final? (Quarters won on away goal at chelsea, semis took penaltys to beat barcelona) the final against arsenal wasnt easy either managed an early goal arsenal dominating and i scored in extra time to get a 2-0 victory although not deserved. so what is easy? does this qualify?

I'm playing as Newcastle.

Season 1- Won the Championship by one point from Bristol City

Season 2 - Did a "Real" and blew my budget on three attackers, stupidly keeping my Championship level defence of Enrique-Taylor-Collocini-Taylor. In January, and having a decent mid table run. STIL can't get rid of Smith though.

I won the Blue SQ South in my first season with Bath, and finished second the follwing season in the premier. Also won the FA trophy. Think the verin is maybe a bit easier, but i like to think it's because it can now reproduce my intended tactics effectively :D

LOL?2 seasons in 3 days?Were you on holiday?

I started badly in my Sunderland game.

The league started with home games against Liverpool (1-1) and Chelsea (1-3) and an away game to city which I lost again 3-1. Next game is Tottenham away... I hope to get my season underway after that.

Archived