FM2010 - To many high scoring games?

Is it just me or is there again a bug (like in FM 2008) with unbelievable high scoring games. Have won 9-2, a lot of 5-0 and generelly have an average on 3,5 goal per game after 15 games.

Is this a known issue or it is my tactic that just rocks ?

Is it just me or is there again a bug (like in FM 2008) with unbelievable high scoring games. Have won 9-2, a lot of 5-0 and generelly have an average on 3,5 goal per game after 15 games.

Is this a known issue or it is my tactic that just rocks ?

well, mate, I played high attacking style in FM08 with Honduras national team and in WC Quals i, in ten games, I scored 56 goals, and received 61 goal (lost every away match by at least two goals, and scoring at least two - like 2-4, 3-7 (USA), 2-5 (Mexico), and beat Tobago at home by 11-2), and in play-off against Colombia, I think, score was 3-3, 2-4. And in Gold Cup I scored 23 goals in 6 matches, got 18. If your tactics is all out attack, those results are possible, especially if you play with strong team against weak, like MUFC against teams like Hull, Stoke, Sunderland................ or Real Madrid against Xerez and Tenerife or so.......... :)

Devils advocate here:

Is it possible that SI have taken note of how the season is progressing this year. I believe there are more goals per game than ever before this season due to the new ball (or something similar).

Maybe they have included this in their game.

To be fair that is only in England, not sure what is happening in the rest of the world.

Ha, i figured that you would say that. I do wonder though if there are more goals because that is what is starting to happen...be interesting to see if it continues in later seasons for people.

I guess it is down to tactics but if it is happening to all teams (even computer managed vs. computer managed) then it cannot just be our tactics.

Plus it is not happening to everyone so it is not a major bug...should be more exciting with more goals!

ok now i've played some more months in the game...pls SI fix it, there are way too many goals, too unrealisticl! barcelona often wins like 6-0, 8-2...ibrahimovic has something like 21 goals scored in 15 matches. And i'm not playing as barcelona, but as inter and in the italian league i can see very unrealistic results as well in my serie a, like a lot of 6-3, 8-1, 4-4 or results like that. Ok once in a while but every serie a, liga or premier league fixture in my game has like 2 or 3 of those results. Please fix it with a patch, cause besides that the game is really great

I have now finished my first season as Inter:

Here is the topscorer list for Italian Serie A:

1. Pato - 31 goals

2. Dzeko - 27 goals (Inter)

3. Fabrizio Miccoli - 27 goals

4. Antonio Cassano - 27 goals

5. Tommaso Rocchi - 26 goals

6. Alberto Gilardino - 21 goals

7. Del Piero - 19 goals

In England Premiership

1. Drogba - 18 goals

2. Persie - 18 goals

In Spain La Liga

1. Higuain - 24 goals

2. Heny - 22 goals

3. Goitom - 19 goals

4. Kanoute - 17 goals

I think the top scorer list in Serie A is totally unrealistic. 5 players with 26+ goals, that is way too many goals. The premiership and La Liga seems to be more balanced though.

Got to agree once again far too many goals, every year this happens and gets tweaked eventually ..... I hope!

Scores so far in games played 5-0 6-1 3-0 8-0 4-1

I do wish that when SI tune this correctly they would leave it alone and not mess abaout with it each year as the same issue occurs.

Finally, people are finding the same problem as I am. After a discussion with friends, they said I was just playing the game too much, but I must admit some of the amounts of goals that are scored are pretty high. In one weekend in the championship, there were 5 games that all ended in 3-3 draws. My game however was between Middlesbrough and Sheffield United which ended in a 0-0, (realistic)?

i like it when there are alot of goals tbf. I can't stand watching boring 0-0 games, yes it adds to realism but i want to play a 'fun' game if you know what i mean. However, i can see your point because my last two games ended 7-1 and 6-2 (i'm chelsea v wigan & burnley)

were they run on full detail? probably not..

Actually they were run on full detail.

I have now played 3 Serie A matches in the next season and Antonio Cassano has scored 7 goals for Sampdoria. WTF??

Last match from Sampdoria:

Sampdoria - Napoli, 7-5!!

Something is wrong here.

considering the state of defensive AI, nothing should surprise you. it looked better on last patch in 09 but againg something went wrong again unfortunatly..

jbga...game is just unplayable until last patch, it's well-known fact, so I'm not playing it until february...

Yeah, there is something weird with the goals. Im with Barça and I have like 3.2 goals per game. Ok, it's Barça, but I have made 7 goals in three different matches so far, and Im in my first season, in a little bit more then the middle of it...

I have now finished my first season as Inter:

Here is the topscorer list for Italian Serie A:

1. Pato - 31 goals

2. Dzeko - 27 goals (Inter)

3. Fabrizio Miccoli - 27 goals

4. Antonio Cassano - 27 goals

5. Tommaso Rocchi - 26 goals

6. Alberto Gilardino - 21 goals

7. Del Piero - 19 goals

In England Premiership

1. Drogba - 18 goals

2. Persie - 18 goals

In Spain La Liga

1. Higuain - 24 goals

2. Heny - 22 goals

3. Goitom - 19 goals

4. Kanoute - 17 goals

I think the top scorer list in Serie A is totally unrealistic. 5 players with 26+ goals, that is way too many goals. The premiership and La Liga seems to be more balanced though.

On the other hand, goalscoring by strikers in the Dutch league is way unbalanced in the other direction compared to these lists...

Got to agree once again far too many goals, every year this happens and gets tweaked eventually ..... I hope!

Scores so far in games played 5-0 6-1 3-0 8-0 4-1

I do wish that when SI tune this correctly they would leave it alone and not mess abaout with it each year as the same issue occurs.

Next 3 games 1-1 and 5-0 and 9-0.

The game is brilliant but the number of goals scored needs looking at, it is crazy!!. There is no problem with the number of goals scored in other matches it is just the games your team is involved in. In 8 games i've scored 41 goals and conceded 3! Now I am playing football not cricket!

I'm pretty attacking, often had 2 or 3 for one or both sides, but rarely more. That said just done Arsenal 7-1 in my first season up so not complaining. I've always enjoyed the goal-fest side of FM myself. In recent versions other teams have had goal fests. I don't agree it only affects your games as the aforementioned game was my first really big win but I've seen quite a few in other matches before, plus the past couple of versions I've not been involved in most of the games when a team gets 6 or more, and there've been a reasonable number of those.

2009-10 total amount of goals in the Prem on my save: 1083 gls

RL total amounts:

2008-9: 942

2007-8: 1002

Higher yes but hardly OMFGBBQHAXX11!!1111 higher. I wouldn't mind some balancing which is more or less inevitable with 2 more patches coming but compared to previous initial releases the one this year works pretty well for me.

the thing annoys me most its mainly the big games like the champions league semi or the fa cup final that always end up with unrealistic scores, these should be tight games with maybe one or two goals in it. You see my screenie (post 25) is that like ever to happen irl??? man utd concede 6 goals in champions league qtr final??? score 5 away goals at bayern!!!!!

Archived