Making Our Own "Huge DB"

Since reputable developers of Football Manager seem to have given us the chance to fine-tune the size we'd like our database with the latest incoming beer-snack-girlfriend consumer, I guess we need some kind of collaboration in order to set an unofficial standardization.

In order to get the most while trying to avoid bloating and minimize the "I don't see him in my game" feedback, I'd like your opinions on what fine-tunings (e.g. Player with national Repuation > Africa) we'd better be trying to reach the goal.

Thanks in advance.

Footnote: Spanish League with all Players With National Reputation from all Continents make more than a hundred thousand players whereas the game speed got a rating of half a star on a PC which has Intel Core i7 920, 2 GB DDR3 RAM, Win XP SP3.

I don't recommend it. This version of FM either has a memory issue or its very heavy on memory usage.

I tried loading all leagues, half on view only, and all current internationals from the major continents and it gobbled up 2 gb of ram and promptly crashed. :thup:

I have chosen to load NO additional players, with 90000 in play currently and it has again doubled in size after only 5 matches played to over 1100mb of ram in use.

I expect a crash soon.

I don't recommend it. This version of FM either has a memory issue or its very heavy on memory usage.

I tried loading all leagues, half on view only, and all current internationals from the major continents and it gobbled up 2 gb of ram and promptly crashed. :thup:

I have chosen to load NO additional players, with 90000 in play currently and it has again doubled in size after only 5 matches played to over 1100mb of ram in use.

I expect a crash soon.

Really?

I selected a large database and then manually told the game to load all players from every continent (added each one separately) and even with something like 350,000 players loaded it runs perfectly smooth and I am in to the 3rd season now with no problems at all.

Really?

I selected a large database and then manually told the game to load all players from every continent (added each one separately) and even with something like 350,000 players loaded it runs perfectly smooth and I am in to the 3rd season now with no problems at all.

How much ram is FM.exe using in task manager?

I've been playing with this, too, trying to come up with a custom database that balances long-term playability and speed.

(Started with EPL as only active league, with large database.)

Loaded "all European players with national" reputation, which gave me an estimated 85,000 players. Did the same with "all European players with continental" reputation, which gave me an estiamted 83,000 players. Did the same with "all players based in Europe" and it estimated 194,000 players.

I'm currently playing a game with all players in the db loaded (I downloaded an African players db so I have a few thousand players more than in the out-of-the-box db). I think it was 295,000 players :D

It's running quite well with 126 leagues loaded as well as long as you don't have too many leagues in full detail.

I use Windows Vista with 4GB of RAM and a 2.2GHz Dual Core processor.

How many seasons into your game are you? Is it slowing down?

I'd like to play a European-heavy database, as I prefer to bounce around from top- or middle-reputation European leagues and want a good broad database for a long-term game. Was thinking of loading players by reputation - national & continental - that would be most appealing to me in those caliber leagues (no need for LLM reputation players).

I'll bet... And your scouts must be very busy, scouting every last single footballer for the next big thing. Do you play lower reputation leagues? Top leagues in the world? A mix?

I just hope your save keeps going so that you can enjoy the depth of that database/world!

I'm currently managing in the Danish second tier so I can only scout Europe but in 2-3 years I'll be scouting the world!

And the leagues I've loaded are the top league or the top two leagues from most countries (including a lot of extra leagues I downloaded) because I am a stats nut :) just knowing that I'm able to see who became top scorer in the Armenian or the Algerian league is makes me happy inside :D

Archived