Cancel Pending Substitutions?

Question for FM10. I've been checking the demo to see if the major logic flaw introduced in FM08 and kept in FM09 has been resolved - and it still seems to be an issue in FM10.

Okay, so I can cancel pending touchline instructions that have not yet been implemented. How can I cancel impending substitutions?

The scenario is the usual one - you're a goal up and need a point, so issue an instruction to go ultra defensive with your last sub on 80 minutes but while the sub is still pending you concede. Obviously in real life a manager cancels the pending sub. Since FM08, you're buggered and I was hoping FM10 would resolve this.

For me, it makes the difference as to whether I buy FM10 or not - playing a lower league team, it's a regular experience to be desperately scrounging out narrow wins. "Contractually enforced" substitution experiences are not something I want to pay for again, as the frustration always causes me to stop playing.

I'm afraid that this hasn't made it into the game this but hopefully will at some point as I think that it is something a lot of people want. I don't think this should decide whether you buy it or not though as it is the best game to date and seems a shame to not get because of this one feature.

disappointed aswell this wasn't included in FM10 aswell as a couple more i was hoping would be there.

1. Physio reports on injured players during the match for players that pick up knocks - should i leave him on or not?

2. Being able in interact with players that are on loan at the club.

apart from that great game :)

All things i would of liked added to along with some others. As they said though this years game was all about 'polish' so now that they have got the game looking and playing better i imagine that next year they will be adding lots of great new features to the game hopefully including a new training apsect and sorting out those mundane press confrences

Yeah I'd like to see this too - Took off my striker for a defender with 5 mins to go, as the sub is pending, they score and get in front. Now I want to leave my striker on but I can't anymore!!

I also don't understand why you need to wait for the ball to go out of play before the new tactic can be implemented. Managers will shout to their players to switch to 'Counter' or 'Attacking' mode while the game is going; they won't wait for the ball to go out of play.

Can you do it IRL? after you have given the officials the substitution card, can you say "give it back, I don't want to make the substitution anyway"?

yep

i was at leeds-liverpool this year and benitez had torres all lined up and changed his mind to put on skrtel

I don't think this should decide whether you buy it or not though as it is the best game to date and seems a shame to not get because of this one feature.

It should decide whether you buy the game when the annoyance causes you to stop playing the game. I already have a version of FM I'm not playing because of it - why buy another. I'd rather stick to an older version when the "contracted substitutions" bug had not been introduced.

Don't forget that FM used to make subs with game play paused, so the bug didn't exist prior to FM08 (IIRC). Given that game time moves quicker than real time, does anyone not pause game play when setting up a substitution?

Thinking about it, the "contracted subs" bug has wider implications. Not sure if this aspect has been resolved in FM10, but in FM09 if you issued sub instructions at 119 minutes and the final whistle went without a break in play - FM still made those subs before the penalty shoot out, in direct opposition to the Laws of the Game!

I've been a keen player of FM from when it was CM2. If fundamental game play issues are going to be left breaking the rules of game play and LotG for the third consecutive release, I guess it's time I listened to my wife and "grow out" of FM. Sigh.

Playing a lower league team, where I'm normally the poorest club in the division and getting three points generally requires having a one goal lead that I need to go ultra-defensive for? In FM09, it happened to me a lot.

I even began to get paranoid that the game must be waiting for me to issue a sub instruction before it would score(!)... so wouldn't make any formation changes in the last 10 minutes of a game because I wouldn't be able to undo it.

Archived