Will Football Manager 2011 have the same number of leagues as FM 2010?

I have a question to ask SI. Will Football Manager 2011 have the same number of playable leagues and nations as FM 2010? I know that one can use the editor to create new playable nations and leagues but I would like SI to add more leagues and nations automatically with FM 2011. I have noticed that FM 2010 have the same number of playable nations as FM 2005! There is therefore, no progress being made in this area for the past 4 years! With the new data editor that comes with FM 2010, will SI use this as a reference and create new playable leagues with FM 2011? There are 208 nations affiliated with FIFA and only 51 nations are being playable which clearly is not enough. Or is SI going to stick with 51 playable nations that comes with the game for a long time? Amateurs such as us are just not good enough to create an exact replica of new playable leagues and nations and I feel that it is SI's job to do this.

However, having a data editor to create new playable leagues and nations is a good idea. But I feel that SI should include more playable nations in Football Manager 2011. FM 2010's data editor could be set as a reference point as well. Will SI do this in next year's version? Thanks!

Thread closed.

I'm not an SI spokesperson, but the list of leagues/nations is typically one of the last press releases prior to game launch, so I doubt that SI will be in position to comment on that at this time.

The reason for this is that there are contractual negotiations on many of the leagues, some of which may not be hammered out until shortly before launch, and commenting in advance of a signed contract would harm the negotiation process.

I'd hazard that just about everybody on the forum and at SI towers would personally be in favour of increasing the number of leagues as long as the quality was maintained.

Archived