This time SI is not lying

FM2010 is truly the best FM out there. I just cant imagine to play the previous version anymore. That's something I wouldn't say in the past versions.

So what is good, here's the list:

1. Football language instead of more math & stats. Yes the stats are still there, but football terms preset have been added to make adjustment easier, simpler and much faster. Allowing you to make changes as simple as saying the word. No more hours of tedious tinkering. Major improvement and actually the killer feature in this game.

2. Interface changes

As much as I loved the sidebar, it has outgrown it's useful years. Tabs and bookmark icons are in. The simple presentation reminds me of google chrome browser: clean, simple and to the point. Good job SI.

3. Editor

Now I can make a super league comprising the best teams in europe in just minutes. Just want to make a note that although there is improvement here, I think there is still a lot of room to make editing faster. But so far, I'm quite happy, afterall this is just a bonus and SI have been very generous.

4. 3D match is more fun to watch now. I'm not sure why, may be because of the more varied animation and less stupid moves, or because of the additional tactical shortcuts. Anyway, I'm more involved in matches than in the old version.

5. A bunch tiny incremental improvement which are too many to list. You may add them below if you like.

Thank you SI & SEGA for making this game, and (sort of) reinventing the series/genre.

FM2010 is truly the best FM out there. I just cant imagine to play the previous version anymore. That's something I wouldn't say in the past versions.

So what is good, here's the list:

1. Football language instead of more math & stats. Yes the stats are still there, but football terms preset have been added to make adjustment easier, simpler and much faster. Allowing you to make changes as simple as saying the word. No more hours of tedious tinkering. Major improvement and actually the killer feature in this game.

2. Interface changes

As much as I loved the sidebar, it has outgrown it's useful years. Tabs and bookmark icons are in. The simple presentation reminds me of google chrome browser: clean, simple and to the point. Good job SI.

3. Editor

Now I can make a super league comprising the best teams in europe in just minutes. Just want to make a note that although there is improvement here, I think there is still a lot of room to make editing faster. But so far, I'm quite happy, afterall this is just a bonus and SI have been very generous.

4. 3D match is more fun to watch now. I'm not sure why, may be because of the more varied animation and less stupid moves, or because of the additional tactical shortcuts. Anyway, I'm more involved in matches than in the old version.

5. A bunch tiny incremental improvement which are too many to list. You may add them below if you like.

Thank you SI & SEGA for making this game, and (sort of) reinventing the series/genre.

I sure hope you're right! I bought the game as soon as it came out but i haven't installed it since i'm in the middle of exams...and I figure if I DO install it now, I can say goodbye to an education :)

After what you've said though....I may not be able to resist :D

FM2010 is truly the best FM out there. I just cant imagine to play the previous version anymore.
Totally disagree - no plans to leave FM09.
2. Interface changes

Surely this is a wind-up - the new GUI is awful, there is no flow or logic to it and it's the major reason I'm sticking with FM09.

Surely this is a wind-up - the new GUI is awful, there is no flow or logic to it and it's the major reason I'm sticking with FM09.

GUI is a matter of opinion. I've been using it effortlessly. Considering you can get new skins to change the layout, and an FM09 skin will be released by SI in the future, it's a bit odd you'd stick with 09 because of it.

Agree with the original post in that SI have done a great job this year, especially after the whole 09 debacle. My reasons for liking it a much different to your though.

Main one, Tactics revamp. Can't say how much better i find it. Brilliant.

MAtch Engine. I can win away from home now! Seem pretty bug free at the moment.

Ass man features. I wasn;t expecting them to be useful but they really are.

I think the UI is okay, but a bacward step if anything. Frustrating i cant get straight to the player search screen from the scout reports screen (after a news item) for instance. Also, i find the tactics screen hard to navigate, takes me awhile to find "time wasting" every time. But its fine really, just a matter of getting used to it. I'd rther they got the important things right, which they have

Still don't like: Tedious media interaction. Thats the only problem with this version as far as i can see.

I think this year SI had to put some effort to make a good game because of eminent CM10 competition.

Not much competition in CM10, Fifa manager 10 on the other hand looked pretty good, I watched a match play out at a friends house and it looked pretty good. Lokked very much like FM in fact.

I didn't see enough of it to say if it's really a challenger for FM, but what I saw looked good.

I am very impressed with this new version. Took ,e some time to get use to the new layout. There are a couple of things that I am not 100% pleased with but thats down to my own personal preferences and SI can't be expected to develop a game for an audience of one.

The one thing I would like to see change for a future version is when you have a backroom meeting and your staff offer advice you have two options, go with their advice or dismiss their advice, I would prefer a 3rd option - something like take under advisement and have that automaticall go into a manger notes section on the players profile.

But i digress, all in all a top class game, I'm very impressed SI, well done.

Spot on. I uninstalled 2010 within a few hours and have now gone back to 09.

Who's genius idea was it to put the news icon on the left hand side and the continue button over to the far right. People will say that's nothing, but it's little things like this that make a big difference in the terrible usability of the new UI.

urgh the last one was the worst fm/old cm i've ever played

some people are too loyal

the new game has some great features, is faster and is updated for transfers etc

has anyone played champ man 2010? worst. game. ever. i got 19 league games in with leeds and won all 19 scoring 58 goals :-/

Who's genius idea was it to put the news icon on the left hand side and the continue button over to the far right. People will say that's nothing, but it's little things like this that make a big difference in the terrible usability of the new UI.

try using the spacebar to continue instead

Come on Miles we all know its you really...

Then how can u adapt from FM 07 to FM 08 when they released that. FM08's continue button is different from that on FM 07 and i remember that the news section is also different.

People just need to stop making silly excuses and move forward

Archived