FM2010 running really slow on ur fast PC?

Hi guys,

Seen alot of posts around the net of people having trouble with running fm2010 saying its incredibly slow etc. I am also one of those people although dont get me wrong its an amazing game but havent gotten past a week game time yet as it just get's unbarible.

Here are my specs (all software up to date):

Dell XPS 420 Desktop

Window Vista 32bit Home premium

CPU : Quad Core 2.4ghz

Ram : 4gig

HDD: 600gig

Gfx: Geforce Nvidia 9800 GT 512mb

Bios: Version A08

With this PC which is only 10 months old I can run the latest games on pretty much full settings on 1900x1200 32bit res with no probs. I have run large database with recommended leagues which was extremely slow (4.5 stars). I then according to advice from the forums tried it on small database size with only English, spanish, italian leagues which is less than recommended for this PC and again its incredibly slow (5 stars). At 1 point I waited for over 10 min after it went into the processing screen and another time it went into processing screen and I crtl-alt-del after 20min waiting. I bought the game on direct2drive on release day. It seems according to reading a few threads that users with fairly decent pc's are having the issues running the game and those with fairly average PC's are running the game very smoothly. Can anyone shed any light on what might be the issue causing such bad performance? SI can you help?

1. Is it Vista?
  2. Is it incompatible with my Hardware?
  3. Is it the version downloaded from Direct2drive? (Cant update it with new patch as asks for CD even tho its the direct2drive downloaded one)
  4. Since you guys tested the game in im sure stringent testing environments has there been windows software changes that might have made a difference to game performance?

Already removed the game and re-installed and no change.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

regards,

John.

Well I found it slow,Even when I would exit the game and go back to the desktop and it wouldjust crawl so I thought some thing must be wrong, so I removed my Virgin pc guard AV in the hope that would help but I then ended up doing a complete re install of vista.

Now I can play it like I used to play 09! really smooth and as fast as the demo.

Im going to be getting Win 7 at xmas anyway so a reinatall was always going to be on the cards!! :D

Awe don't tell me I'm gonna have to do a clean install of vista? Had steam and eset virus protection running background. Right I'll do a full clean install of vista tonight and hopefully that fixes it. Will postback here with the results. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Regards,

John

Mine is not running too fast, but fast enough. and I have selected over 30 leagues, the speed rating before I started the game was 1.5 of 5 stars.

InHell Core2Duo E8400 @3.6Ghz

4gb ddr3 1600Mhz ram

GF 8800 GT 512mb (need to upgrade)

Sata2 disks in raid 0

I have just bought 4 new 1tb disks to set up raid 5 for even more diskspeed. I'm not complaining on the speed, it's pretty fast for running that many leagues.

I've found it to be faster tbh. Especially when processing fixtures, you should try un-installing FM09/FM10 demo and other non used programs to free up some space, also in preferences put the speed to 'fastest, cannot interrupt'.

I'm on Vista, a Dell Pc and only 2gb of ram and mine seems fine.

Hi again guys,

Ok after 2 days I managed to do a complete re-install of Windows vista and all software and drives so everything is up to date and working as its supposed to. I also defragmentated my hard drive. Clicked FM2010 and started a new game with England,Spanish and Italian leagues selected on large data base and after all the effort its still as slow as a snail :( it's just when it goes into processing. Clicking around the stats and players and even playing the matches there isnt any slowdown is really smooth and looks great but when you click continue you may aswell go off and make a sandwich or bring the dog for a walk cause it takes forever. Guys has anyone got any answers? :( I cant understand why it's running so slow on a PC like mine and I love the the FM series its just torture I cant play it I may have to just go back to FM2009 :(

regards,

John.

My game is not working great either. Processing etc. are working at normal speed, but when clicking player profiles or something else in the team screen it takes a few minutes to "open" them! Anyone having the same problem or a solution?

Brando

There is something wrong with the digital download version of the game!

There is a threat open in the technical issues section put something there cause i hope they will take more attention to this problem if there are some more people.

It was just ignored there for 2 days it seems that just people with digital download versions have this problem.

>>>>>>>http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=160764

My game is not working great either. Processing etc. are working at normal speed, but when clicking player profiles or something else in the team screen it takes a few minutes to "open" them! Anyone having the same problem or a solution?

Brando

I was having this aswell, I made a thread on it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=163489

How many players/leagues have you got loaded, and are you using any player retain files?

I was having this aswell, I made a thread on it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=163489

How many players/leagues have you got loaded, and are you using any player retain files?

Dont matter mate if i run 1 league say the english leagues my PC is really slow when you click continue. SI are aware of the issue now so hopefully will be fixed next week or so. (No pressure SI!)

Dont matter mate if i run 1 league say the english leagues my PC is really slow when you click continue. SI are aware of the issue now so hopefully will be fixed next week or so. (No pressure SI!)

Actually it was regarding a specific issue that brandoe was experiencing and that I've been experiencing, not related to the game being slow, but player profiles taking ages to load when you click on a player's name.

I have a Notebook: ASUS Z53J; nothing special.

I am running: Serie C/2 above; CocaCola1 above; German third above; Spain 3 above; on full.

France 2 above, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Argentina, Brazil, Holand, Protugal, Turkey, and everything on medium database, and my game is going fineeeeeeee :)

I realy thought, so this is my end, i will not be able to play FM10, and see :) I am playing it normal, and: better then FM09. Because, now I can see the stadium, the fans, and players are beatifull.

So, I think, it is your PC. When you are playing the game, klick CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to processes and watch what is using the most of your memory.

Sometimes it gets stuck by me (when I am looking byside SI forum, when playing the game), so i close it, restart the Notebook, and then it is going beautifull :)

Archived