Insane transfer fees for mediocre players in Swedish League

Hello! I'm playing IFK Gothenburg in swedish allsvenskan, and I needed a new CM so I was interested in buying Daniel Sjölund from Djurgården. The problem is that they want 3.5 million pounds for him. I think there's only three players who's ever been sold for more in allsvenskan history in the real world. There's just no way a club like that could reject a bid over 1 million pounds in real life, especially for a player that's only above average in allsvenskan standards, both in real life and game. He doesnt seem to be the only one either, there's alot of players in Allsvenskan that are priced way too high.. on FM09 I could buy Daniel Sjölund for 700k, wich is probably what he would be worth in real life. To put this in perspective, Valencia is selling Vicente, who's considerably better, for 2.5, it's not right. Anyone else have the same problem, maybe from other leagues? I can't buy any players to replace my old ones beacuse they're so expensive.

I would assume it's all to do with the way that teams value their players based on their importance to the club, rather than thinking about how they actually need money from transfers in order to survive. FM tries to be realistic, but most clubs will sell players if they get a decent offer in because most clubs are pretty hard up for money.

Archived