Backroom advice overpowered?

The backroom advice is a bit too helpful in my opinion. They seem to be able to recommend the very best prospects out there, even unknown regens. Which makes scouting seem pointless. If it's realism we're after, it should take a scout with the very good knowledge of the country to spot potential talent like that. Of course I could ignore it but I find things like PPM recommendations helpful.

All-in-all though I'm really enjoying FM10 :thup:.

and wouldn't that be more realistic anyway? surely in a football team you don't just talk to the scouts to find out about prospective players? all the staff would know people in different clubs, and would watch football and read up about what's going on.

A coach in a team would say "alright boss, I was talking to my mate who coaches in such and such a place, and he said there's this kid there that's pretty handy!" then you get your scouts to take a look and make sure he is decent and make a decision about signing him from there.

it is a really good feature.

It is so annoying when you notice a player with an odd name in a rival team, check their history and finding out they managed to secure a wonderkid for peanuts, that you never discovered despite your "worldclass" scouting team.

I have in the past gone to the extreme of scouting EVERY single u17 player in the world! (yes it slows the game down!)

so this new backroom advice levels the playing field somewhat.

Also pay attention to press rumors - occasionally they will link you to an awesome regen that you were unaware existed.

Tbh, Ive had players suggested to me, scouted them and then find out they would be nothing more than, maybe, a back-up

Ive also had advice given that caused problems when Ive agreed with it

I dont think its 100%, good enough to be useful, but not accurate enough where you sometimes need to ignore whats given

Tbh, Ive had players suggested to me, scouted them and then find out they would be nothing more than, maybe, a back-up

Ive also had advice given that caused problems when Ive agreed with it

I dont think its 100%, good enough to be useful, but not accurate enough where you sometimes need to ignore whats given

But it doesn't cost you a lot of time, you just check the backroom advice, and click "scout X" and "scout Y" and "scout Z" and you're done. So what if there are a couple of losers ;)

What we really need for realism is for your director of football have a meeting with your chairman and tell him he's just been playing FM for a few hours and he's spotted this really great Spanish kid we should buy. Then the chairman informs you of the new player coming on the bus that afternoon.

After all, that's clearly what Wise was doing at Newcastle ;)

Archived