Patch not working?

now this is getting to me can anyone help

i've installed the game, downloaded the patch added .exe,run the patch it winzip ectracts i get a box on screen and the bar goes across but when its gone all the way the box on screen just goes away i can't press setup to start updating.

anyone else have this happen or does SI know whats wrong or if they care.

dude, you double click the patch after downloading it, it updates the files and that line goes from 1 end of teh box to the other then it closes down automatically, that means it has updated all the neccessary files for you.

its from a game shop ,i installed it with the dvd,i got the patch from SI website i added .exe, i've double clicked the patch it says winzip exacted , a box comes on screen and the bar goes across whith fm2010 patch installer.exe on it but when its done it just closes down.

Nice aggressive title to this thread there.

First of all how did you install the game?

When you download the patch (hopefully to somewhere you know) it should be a patch file with an FM10 logo, once you have it all you need to do is double click it and then it will detect the game automatically, you just need to confirm and it will patch the files.

I don't understand what you are unzipping. How many files are within this zip file?

its from a game shop ,i installed it with the dvd,i got the patch from SI website i added .exe, i've double clicked the patch it says winzip exacted , a box comes on screen and the bar goes across whith fm2010 patch installer.exe on it but when its done it just closes down.

why did you add .exe to what I am assuming as a zipped file?

Download the file from si ( patch) if it is a .zip archive the right click on it and choose extract to...pick somewhere you can find the extracted files, like your desktop. When finished go to where you extracted the file and run the setup.exe and let it finish.

Nice aggressive title to this thread there.

First of all how did you install the game?

When you download the patch (hopefully to somewhere you know) it should be a patch file with an FM10 logo, once you have it all you need to do is double click it and then it will detect the game automatically, you just need to confirm and it will patch the files.

I don't understand what you are unzipping. How many files are within this zip file?

yes its go the fm logo on it and i've double clicked it

once i press ok i get another box with winzip self extractor-FM2010 v10[1].1.0_PC_PATCH.exe , a bar with Unzipping FM2010 v10.1.0 patch installer.exe 1 grayedout button with setup 1 button with cancel and 1 with about

Okay so sounds like you've downloaded a zip file, so you unzip that to somewhere you'll remember, this will leave the "FM2010 V10.1.0 patch installer.exe" as a program, then when you double click it it should start the patch installing.

once the bar goes all the way to the right the boxs on screen just closes

Yes, this is because it's unzipping, did you read where the file is unzipping too? Because that's where your patch will be located, navigate there and double click the patch file and it will run.

ok you were confusing me. Now I understand. The patch from SI is an exe file which unpacks and then auto executes

After you have pressed ok the update program should shortly appear and you click update.

if this is not appearing then you have a technical issue with the patch

update.jpg

I have had a similar problem. However, after extracting it ran the patch update. I clicked "Finish" once it had confirmed that however many files had been updated, but when I go to start a new game I am informed that I am playing version 10.0.0.

I have looked in the FM2010 folder to see that there is now a folder called 1010 in the updates section, which appears to contain what I can only assume is files as a result of the "update".

I downloaded from the http://www.footballmanager.net/index.php?p=patches link, and am playing with the disk in the drive.

I have reset my system since the update.

ok you were confusing me. Now I understand. The patch from SI is an exe file which unpacks and then auto executes

After you have pressed ok the update program should shortly appear and you click update.

if this is not appearing then you have a technical issue with the patch

update.jpg

Yep could certainly be this.

You didn't say where you downloaded the patch from, it may be worth downloading from another source and trying again (and don't add .exe to the file)

I have had a similar problem. However, after extracting it ran the patch update. I clicked "Finish" once it had confirmed that however many files had been updated, but when I go to start a new game I am informed that I am playing version 10.0.0.

I have looked in the FM2010 folder to see that there is now a folder called 1010 in the updates section, which appears to contain what I can only assume is files as a result of the "update".

I downloaded from the http://www.footballmanager.net/index.php?p=patches link, and am playing with the disk in the drive.

I have reset my system since the update.

Do you have the demo installed as well?

Strange that the update hasn't worked when it says it has.

May have to investigate this in the morning.

All I can suggest is that you delete the download that you have, restart the system ( assuming you are cleaning out temp files on reboot) and then download the patch again, maybe from a different source because something is corrupt. It is clearly unpacking the patch but as it fails to execute the installer chances are you have a bad download.

Do you have the demo installed as well?

Strange that the update hasn't worked when it says it has.

May have to investigate this in the morning.

I have 2008, 2009, 2009 demo 2010 demo and 2010 installed ( don't ask me why, I just never clean house ) and have had no issues with the patch either installing or showing up as installed in my game.

Just an FYI in case you get hung up on the demo being an issue

just downloaded again now its just a file no .exe on the end

That just means that you are not displaying the extension for known file types. The .exe is there, it's just not shown. Add nothing and click (double-click if you have that old setup ) and let it continue

i tryed adding before i downloaded the other 1

should have said add .exe AND change file type to ALL FILES when it asks you were you want to save it to. Of course it would be even easier if the person who uploaded it to the server uploaded it as an exe in the first place!

Archived