definately cant sell any players

as an experiment i put every single bradford player up for sale and kept pressing continue, and not one team came in for any of them before the transfer window closed. only about 3 or 4 players were actually targeted. anyone else finding a total lack of transfer activity?

No I offloaded Voronin for £5 million

Dossena for £8.5 million

Babel for £11.75 million

Bruna for £800k

Weijl for £150k

in a couple of days.

Maybe it's a lower league issue. Or maybe your players are just all rubbish/too expensive.

I have the same problem..

In Blue Square so I thought I needed some cash so I sell some highly valued players.

Some of my players are worth around 250k but noone came in. Put it down to 100k, No one, 70k, no one, 50k no one, 30k, no-one, 15k and got a sniff from a few teams.

This player is my best player as Luton and no one wanted him. :rolleyes:

I'm not having any luck getting rid of players as well. I bought David Villa for Inter so had to make some money back...tried selling Eto'o...he's had a good season so far but I think Villa will be better. Put him on the transfer list...no interest so far...

At Sunderland I tried to sell nearly every player (around 9 or 10) who hadn't been signed that summer; not 1 bid came in when I transfer listed, set to not needed and offered them out at comfortably less than their value. It's really spoiled the game for me, to the point where I quit as Sunderland without even playing a competitive game.

It's slightly easier with a big club like Man Utd, but even then, you're lucky to get one 48 month bid per player for the likes of Park, O'Shea, Berbatov etc when you list them at less than their value. I'm running a large database with plenty of leagues, what's changed so much from FM09 where you'd get plenty of bids every time you listed a player from all over Europe?

34fod9d.jpg

Ive not been having to hard a time, managing rochdale. Got rid of a few.

The worst ive had is other clubs being interested but saying that a transfers "not viable", because the player isnt to happy to leave. Sold a player for 275k to.

Maybe SI have tried to incorporate the economic down turn in the game. IRL Money transfers are way down on previous years.

So.. it might well be much harder to get cash for any of your players. Personally, with my Hibs save, ive only tried to sell a few players and have done so no probs, well they are cheaper than valued.

is this only in the initial transfer window though?

suggestions have been made that other clubs are unwilling to spend in the first transfer window - and perhaps for the entire first season - because they have effectively already spent their allocated budget.

whilst i certainly don't have any empirical evidence, in FM09 I appeared to find it easier to sell players after the first season had been completed.

in saying that, on the FM10 vanilla demo (waiting for full version to arrive) as arsenal, i had absolutely no trouble selling players (clubs were making loads of offers on players both transfer listed and unlisted).

plenty of people managing "lower quality" clubs appear to have trouble selling though. but it is important to note there are many, many factors contributing to whether they are desirable for other clubs to buy (ie wages, reputation, are they any better than current options, etc etc.

I'm not having issues selling players for Notts County...BUT... the only deals I get are teams ovvering to pay over 48 months. No more lump sums of money.. I think its getting more common with transfers being paid over years than in one go as thats the way it works out more and more IRL though. (Hense Pompey getting in trouble by not keeping up the payments on various players)

I'll be interested to see if these teams having issues selling players have the same problem in the following transfer window though.

Having big problems selling players with Milan have not had one transfer offer in 1st window only loan to buy offers?

Budget only £16M so I wanted to ship out some players to raise some funds before season starts.

I tried demo prior to game release & sold a couple of players as normal. Seedorf for about £8M to Barca for example. Official release is a huge change from Demo in that respect!! I hope things change in next window or at least next season....???

Yea, I at least managed to sell about 4 players in the demo with Sunderland for a total of £8m, although the likes of Jones, Ferdinand, Healy and Murphy couldn't get any bids for £0 there either.

I was told 'it's a small database etc', yet I'm now running a large 1, transfer budgets are still all enabled etc, and like you, things have got worse since the demo somehow. Can't even sell the players I sold before now. When you list 9 players, all for less than their value, and don't attract even 1 bid for any of them, something is seriously wrong.

Having big problems selling players with Milan have not had one transfer offer in 1st window only loan to buy offers?

Budget only £16M so I wanted to ship out some players to raise some funds before season starts.

I tried demo prior to game release & sold a couple of players as normal. Seedorf for about £8M to Barca for example. Official release is a huge change from Demo in that respect!! I hope things change in next window or at least next season....???

• 2 weeks later...

It's deffinitely much harder to sell players compared with FM09, unless they are among the best players in your team. For other players at best I can get bunch of loan offers. In FM09 it was very easy to sell players, and my golden rule was to offer them at 2 x value minus one click. 95% success.

On the other hand, AI clubs are asking ridiculous amounts for their players, sometimes 5 times their value.

LiveWire,

If it´s the first transfer window, no club is going to buy Aquilani, because he has just joined Liverpool. A loan move is your only option if you want him out of your team for some reason... Try again when january window opens, you should get some offers for him I´m sure.

Managing AFC Wimbledon and have the same problem. Have been promoted a couple of times so needed to do some hefty rebuilding but couldn't even shift previous season 'regulars' without dropping their value to 0k - which I have had to do several times simply to reduce the overall age bill.

Highest income from a transfer was 40k and that was for a striker who had been the league's highest goal scorer the previous season and whose 'value' was 250k.

As a result my scouts are limited to searching for players at <50k value and free transfers - despite reaching Division One and keeping wages under strict control. Destined to be relegated I fear.

My impression is that there does seem to be a severe lack of money in the British lower leagues which is crippling normal transfer activity...

Surely with these transfers the problem is that you want to be rid of the players. If a player is worth 250k and you are trying to offload him who is going to offer the true value. Always come in at a lower price, i do the same when buying transfer listed players.

Unfortunately unless I offer them around there is absolutely no interest at all. Some of my players sat on the transfer list for an entire season with not even a sniff that anyone was interested. As I could shift no one my squad was getting bigger and bigger and the only way I could start cutting my wage bill (without incurring contract compensation costs) was to offer them out at 0k. Even when offering players out at 50% of their 'value' they simply did not attract any interest...

Archived