inter takeover by a strange group

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/nickwanmaker/?action=view&current=overnameinter.jpg

its in dutch, so let my try to translate and explain. dont punish my bad grammar please :)

a consortium, led by businessman hans van Delft has succesfully taken over internatazionale.

hans van delft has been the chairman of NEC nijmegen untill 2007, and he is not very rich. how could inter be taken over by such a poor consortium?

p.s. the promised improvements to the youth facility has been cancelled, and inter is 14th after 15 games, without losing any important players. odd...

Well consortiums arent necessarily financed by the person who leads them.

Nial quinn is a perfect example - he lead a consortium who bought and now runs sunderland - barely any (if any at all) of the money was his - he was just the figure head.

I'm sure someone mentioned on the last game about inter's chairman Massimo Moriatti would never sell his club anyway

I totally agree. I personally blame the Italian research team for this, i should be editting that however, putting Moratti as loving the club, as it is IRL.

It's wierd, my Inter also changes owner. Michel Platini. And theyre not allowed to trade right now (good, as I am Juventus.)

But is it like planned by the game that Inter changes owner at x date? It was the 12th 9. 2009.

in my game, it already started at the end of august, it took about 2 months, and 20th oktober the takeover was finished.

p.s. a lot of takeovers are happening. on the right you can see psv talking about a takeover, same for AZ and Vitesse, Blackburn Rovers, wigan and valencia

I'm sure someone mentioned on the last game about inter's chairman Massimo Moriatti would never sell his club anyway
I totally agree. I personally blame the Italian research team for this, i should be editting that however, putting Moratti as loving the club, as it is IRL.

As recently as 2006/7 he was actively looking for a buyer. For the moment he's reconsidered. That doesn't mean he won't change his mind again.

Well consortiums arent necessarily financed by the person who leads them.

Nial quinn is a perfect example - he lead a consortium who bought and now runs sunderland - barely any (if any at all) of the money was his - he was just the figure head.

Ohh, I thought Nial Quinn just taken over Sunderland by his own, but I was thinking how did he get all that cash to by Sunderland, when he was a ex-footballer and was a pundit with Sky Sports :S

Nial Quinn is the chairman but the owner is an American recluse billionaire, its a very loose term consortium in this case. The Sunderland owner is basically a tycoon but with a few staff he put into his "consortium!"

Archived