Finances

I am enjoying the financial part of the game in Fm 2010.

Having to pay hefty signing on fees really is putting a strain on the bottom line.

The big clubs in England are really struggling under that huge debt. They miss out on Champions League Money and they are in all sorts. In my game, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City finished top 4 which left Chelsea and Liverpool out of the Champions League Money. Liverpool admin in season 2.

Speaking of admin, Liverpool had their debts pretty much cleared (100 mill voluntary agreement loan i think), kept all their players, and coped ok with the loss of 9 points to finish 2nd. Administration doesn't look that bad. Tell me i'm missing something.

FM09 is repeating itself all over again :)

Liverpool often went into Administration and arranged a CVA based on the lost Champions League revenue.

It's difficult to say how realistic it is, i really couldn't see Liverpool going into Administration in real life even if they were in an absolute dire financial state. We'll know at the end of this current season how disasterous losing the Champions League revenue really is. One of the top 4 clubs (ok 5 with City) will have to make do with missing out on £20m+ of revenue and settle for pathetic sums from the Europa League.

FM might just come true come May.

Realistically, i think its a problem that teams like Man U, Liverpool and possibly even Chelsea face. If they dont have the Champions League money coming in, Man U and Liverpool would probably struggle to manage their debts. Chelsea may be ok but that depends on Abramovich. Arsenal are pretty secure as long as they can sell them apratments built on Highbury :D. If/when Man City make it, they will be the only ones who can afford to miss out, as long as the arabs dont get bored (racehorses anyone?).

Archived