Transfer inflation?

Is it just me or are players in FM10 costing far more than previous games. I'm having to spend millions on mediocre players, because any good players are completely out of my price range. For instance I made an offer for a player valued at £2M, and the club came back with an offer of £14M?

Yes, every player in the last year or 2 have had their price inflated heavily! Celtic signed Fortune for £3.8Mil! This is a guy that is average and not a world class player, nor do i think he would do any good in the premiership. I would say he would be worth £1Million if this was not a Credit Crunch time and was 2 or 3 years ago. With current circumstances, clubs need to balance books and if they sell a team player they still need to replace him. You cannot expect to just bid for someone you want and get him!

If it was your player and his stats were good and scored 25 goals a season - was worth £1.5Mil - you wouldnt want him to leave unless you could get enough money to bring in someone the same quality or a couple of decent players to strenghen other positions.

I remember selling my best players just to have a decent bench of players to bring on because my subs were unable to do damage. If my players not transfer listed i try to get £2million more - if not i don't care. (This depends on the player and what i think his future potential is). Remember the value can go up with the more goals scored, traning results and if hes young.

The valuation just represents his current ability - if he gets better then his value will increase.

Example: 18year old youngster = £600K Price = Turns 28yrs old and is a top-class player = £5million. So if you got him for £1million at 18 you would have paid £400K more but with his new value, you got a bargain.

well some go up and some go down for example i can get hamsik for 10mil where as i would have had to pay more on fm09 for him and has nayone noticed in the uzbek leauge hardly anyone goes to you yet in real life they can get brazillians who are decent

Archived