Data editor.......Help

Somebody help me , I FM2010 2 days ago,I can get into my data editor and I have added leagues to the english structure and saved it, but when I load the game I cant find it anywhere:confused:Is there any body who knows wot to do.

Make sure when you are in the editor you do not save over the config file. So for every country you edit/alter save a seperate file. Example below

Added leagues to english structure - Save file name - England

Added second league to welsh structure - Save file name - Wales

basically any editing you do must be saved in seperate file names. I found out the hard way as well

Another question regarding the editor , where can i actually find it. I bought the game with a disc and downloaded via steam if that makes any difference.

Cheers.

Program Files/Steam/

Have a look through the steam folder and you will find one for FM2010 in should be a tools folder. I bought the DVD but I have steam and this is how it generally works.

i have played the demo since it came out and i love the game. i bought the game through steam and after a few days ventured into the editor... now i have saved the data, but the game wont load. upon double clicking the shortcut for the full game, this happens...

fm2010prob.th.jpg

as you can see i found the "missing" file...

i have no idea why this wont work. not happened with previous games :(

please help...

There was a fix a day or so ago on Steam for a direct x problem, are you launching the game from your game list in Steam or your desktop shortcut? Might be worth launching from Steam to see if it corrects any problems for you, it may re-install direct x as there was a problem with it. Not sure if your problem is linking to that problem but maybe worth a try.

Otherwise I don't know what has happened, can't see anything you could do with the editor that would cause this problem

There was a fix a day or so ago on Steam for a direct x problem, are you launching the game from your game list in Steam or your desktop shortcut? Might be worth launching from Steam to see if it corrects any problems for you, it may re-install direct x as there was a problem with it. Not sure if your problem is linking to that problem but maybe worth a try.

Otherwise I don't know what has happened, can't see anything you could do with the editor that would cause this problem

i launched it from steam and it installed a direct x package. its now working perfectly and my edit is in the data base. thank you muchly Neil! xD

i would say i'll go easy on leeds for you, but seeing as i'm a outhend fan, we both know you'll kick my ass! lol

Archived