Specs and Leagues Question

Hi everyone, this is my very first (and hopefully not the last) post on this site. I am a daily visitor to these forums and find them both informative and entertaining.

I am a football manager nut. I have played the game since the 1990s. Now i do agree with sentiments on here about FM09 being a slight disappointment and i found it quite slow at times on my Dell Inspiron 6400 (512 MB ram).

I have recently ordered a new laptop from Dell - the STUDIO 15 with Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T4300, 4gb ram, 250 GB hard drive and the standard Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD video card.

How will this laptop run FM10? I am looking to enjoy the 3d experience this year, didnt even attempt to access it on FM09 on my old laptop as i felt the game was slow enough as it was. Excuse me if my questions are simple but i am a computer novice in relative terms so indulge me. Will my new laptop run the game well?

I would also like some advice on what my limits should be on my new laptop in terms of setting playable/view only leagues without reducing the game to a snail's pace?

Any comments are welcome. Cheers

Hi BatigolStatue, welcome to the forums!

In answer to your question, FM10 is leaps and bounds betters than 09. It also runs a lot faster than 09 so you shouldn't have any worries about running it with those specs. Maybe when you do get your PC copy, you can experiment with how many leagues and nations your laptop can handle. This is made easier now by a star system (The game will tell you in stars how well your computer can handle the league selections you've made). Although slightly erratic, it's a pretty cool new feature.

I have a similar graphics card to you and my 3D game runs just fine.

Good luck! :D

Cheers dirtyscarab! Really looking forward to getting going, will let you all know how i do, did pretty well on previous versions so i'm confident. Good thing about fm is that it is quite difficult to win lots of trophies which in turn makes it all the more sweeter when you do!

Unrelated question, i notice you hail from Baltimore. I'm a major fan of the Wire. It has ruined all other tv in my eyes. You in the projects dirtyscarab?

Archived