MAGÄ°C GOALKEEPERS

when i play the game,at least %50 of the matches,my keeper plays with a rate of 6-7,my opponents plays with a rate of 8-9.other half of the matches mykeeper 7 oppenent keeper 7.this a sort of AI cracking!!!

if that is not a bug,then tell me wth is that?

when i play the game,at least %50 of the matches,my keeper plays with a rate of 6-7,my opponents plays with a rate of 8-9.other half of the matches mykeeper 7 oppenent keeper 7.this a sort of AI cracking!!!

if that is not a bug,then tell me wth is that?

'Superkeepers' have been a widely reported problem.

I thought it was all a load of sour grapes myself playing as Leeds in L1 and CCC. But when I got to the Premiership, I have started to notice this myself more.

It may be because I'm up against good keepers at last but they do seem do a lot better than my keeper ever does..

Superkeepers are nothing but an illusion created by a tactic that creates too many poor quality chances.

It's not the AI GKs being super, it's just your strikers are either shooting from bad positions or just rushing their shots.

If opposition GKs are getting high ratings, try reducing your mentality, setting one FC to hold up the ball, reduce tempo, increase time wasting, and set all players to long shots-rarely.

Should solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Superkeepers are nothing but an illusion created by a tactic that creates too many poor quality chances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats rubbish especially when your players miss half a dozen 1 on 1s every game and these forwards have a composure rating of over 15.

The quality of chance seems to have no bearing on the chance of a player scoring, Id rather my team get a free kick 30 yards out than have the ball break to my player in the 6 yard box because I know which has a better chance of going in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philly_flyer10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Superkeepers are nothing but an illusion created by a tactic that creates too many poor quality chances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats rubbish especially when your players miss half a dozen 1 on 1s every game and these forwards have a composure rating of over 15.

The quality of chance seems to have no bearing on the chance of a player scoring, Id rather my team get a free kick 30 yards out than have the ball break to my player in the 6 yard box because I know which has a better chance of going in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course...you know best.

why no one tells this guy the truth?

Tactics urban legend:

"You need to play with the sliders until you find the secret key that will open you the CL trophy doors"

My opinion:

"Bullshaeat"

What I think:

Now tactics don't work out of the box anymore. You will need to analyze your players carefully before you decide of a tactic. Arriving at the club with your tactic and think it will work right away without checking if your players have the needed qualities to play like this, deserves no answer. Because this approach of the game is dead and if it works for you that's just pure blind luck.

Understand me, I don't say your tactic is crap, I just say that either you need to find better players for the kind of game you want to play, or you adapt your tactic to what you have.

I'll give you my example:

1 season:

My tactic was a 4-4-2 where I pushed the ML and MR to a AML and AMR position, the team instructions where mostly unchanged. And guess what happened?

Exactly the same hell, crap things that happen to you now. I'm pretty sure I wasn't far from the ban the way I was posting. I mean what the f**** was going on with my players that were obviously not that bad but missing the easiest or doing stupid things? So I came here and went the aggressive way with anyone trying to help, this is called frustration. So as you can imagine, most of the replies were of the following nature; F*** you, and some talked about; tweak your tactics.

So for me this was an insult, as I felt like I've missed something real easy to understand. But afraid by what would be a catastrophic start for my clubs if I don't find a solution, I decided to "check" my tactics, what will I find anyway?

Well, you won't find anything wrong with your tactics as long as you only look at the "tactics" screen like in previous versions. There's no secret in the background, no magical sign here to tell you what to do. You NEED to watch your players in a game to actually see what's really wrong.

So did I, because I felt my tactics were great and the game was unfair, but to make sure the others were wrong I wanted to have a proof. So, I watched some of my last games, and the key highlights were already enough to highlight the problem of my tactics.

What I noticed:

1. My players were having good passes but they were playing to slow = tempo was way too slow and the opposition was having a fill day all the time when my strikers were near the box. Most of the time, my strikers were unable to find a gap because by the time the ball was in their feet, the gap was already closed for a long time. The only strikes were long range ones and missed ones because attempted in a complicated position. (Looks like what you’re experiencing, isn’t it?)

2. My passing style was mixed but long passes were yet too hard to get for my strikers and they were almost finding themselves running after unplayable balls. The short passes were executed well to slowly because of the tempo = the passing style was too complicated, short passing was too slow to surprise anyone, and long passing success was too random to consider it as working.

3. Despite having trained my player very well for a small club and having players above average, the way my team was attacking was once again to weak, or should I say too slow = I needed to have a more aggressive attitude for the quality players I have. I mean, it's like I was using only a half of their qualities, with a team mentality a bit too conservative, so I decided to push the attacking mentality up by ½ from the middle.

4. I used to play with a « normal » creativity despite having lot of players with 15 in « creativity » and above = I pushed a bit the creativity and now it’s set 1/3 after the middle. I could push it further but I don’t want to have the 70ies Brazil team but the ManU effect instead.

5. By training, set pieces improved impressively, especially “crossingâ€, so I though; you have good wingers with good crossing and yet you play with almost a “normal†width = I decide to switch “width†to the max, so that my wingers make some room for my strikers and MCs and send dangerous crosses in the box.

6. As my players were average in stamina and some were above, I decided to switch to a maximal close down; this ensures the oppositions can’t breathe.

7. Last but not least, my defenders were better than my other players, which seems to be the classical schema, they had good mental attributes so I decided to make them play the offside trap.

8. The wasting time option is something I never use as I decided to have a dominant play style for the 90 minutes.

Now, whenever I’m behind round the 80th min, the only thing I do is to set attacking to the max as the rest works great, and I must tell, my previous tactics where crap.

when your tactics work better, you will need to use the right team talks depending on the mentality, the experience, etc.

and remember to always warn your players when the accept praises from another club or manager, you're the boss not them, otherwise you'll find yourself loosing a game you can't loose because the commitment is near zero as everyone is still thinking to the praises they received a couple of days ago.

- Praise from another club or sent off for ridiculous reasons (two yellow cards for protesting while you know your player is right) = 1 warning

- 2 or more poor appearances and obviously not interested playing better despite good team talks = 2 weeks fine if the player is seasoned and only a warning if the player is beginning his career (first games of his career)

- sent off for aggressive behaviour = 2 weeks fine

Guest AVFCboy92

great post al23 thats actually helped me quite a bit as im underachieving with a quality villa side icon14.gif

Yes of course...you know best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes I do especially when fanboys jump at the chance to defend things wrong with the game.

I suppose having my goalie line up on the halfway line when Im set to all out attack is another thing thats perfectly fine and it must be my problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philly_flyer10:

Yes of course...you know best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes I do especially when fanboys jump at the chance to defend things wrong with the game.

I suppose having my goalie line up on the halfway line when Im set to all out attack is another thing thats perfectly fine and it must be my problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both the problems you've listed were found in 8.0.0 and fixed in 8.0.2 (one on ones and GKs going awol) have you patched to the latest version?

I'm truly getting tired of being labelled a fanboy, all i do is agree with what i feel is correct and disagree with what i feel is wrong - in this case, superkeepers ARE NOT REAL.

Believe what you want.

did you start a new game once you patched with 8.0.2, I was having the same issue with GK with the 8.0.1 and created a new game with 8.0.2. Now I can use the "all out for attack" without having my GK acting as a striker.

Understand that I'm not trying to sell you an official version; I had the same issues, had the same crap insults from others but tried to find a solution and found that analyzing my players before I decide which tactic to use was the real trick, not looking for a "work out of the box tactic". The solution is not the tactic I posted above, but rather the way I analyzed the situation to come up playing with this tactic.

In previous version I was deciding a tactic and then I had no real difficulty finding a player that suited the tactic, making the tactical part of the game something not so realistic, this was the time of the "works out of the box tactic", and this time is over with 2008 and I must admit after the first shock I now find the tactical part of the game in FM 2008 is more interesting, yet not perfectly realistic but at least tactics have a greater effect than in any other previous versions which was mostly about looking for wonderkids and see games playing on your screen. This new approach of the tactical part makes it really unlikely for somebody managing Stevenage to easily jump to ManU and have success with the same tactic right away, if this happens now, as written above, it’s only pure blind luck. And that compensates the difficulty to find a working tactic, making a great difference between the manager that knows how to handle tactics and the one that continues applying the same tactic as in CM1934.

If you find it too difficult to play, maybe you should reinstall FM2006 as the tactical part is just cosmetic. Don’t worry, I’m the first to moan when there’s a bug, but the tactical part importance, which I must admit is heavily underestimated by most people that have played previous versions of the game, definitely brings a new dimension to the game. Now I’m proud of my tactics where in previous versions I didn’t cared. Try to adapt.

Both the problems you've listed were found in 8.0.0 and fixed in 8.0.2 (one on ones and GKs going awol) have you patched to the latest version?

I'm truly getting tired of being labelled a fanboy, all i do is agree with what i feel is correct and disagree with what i feel is wrong - in this case, superkeepers ARE NOT REAL.

Believe what you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes is it the latest version and you are a fanboy when you make excuses for the games failings.

This thread should have been closed immediately, we could all see this coming.

Super Goalkeepers do not exist. The high ratings are almost always caused by poor attackers hitting shots directly into the keeper's hands time and time again.

Yes is it the latest version and you are a fanboy when you make excuses for the games failings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you are an idiot because you started to label people "fanboy"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

This thread should have been closed immediately, we could all see this coming.

Super Goalkeepers do not exist. The high ratings are almost always caused by poor attackers hitting shots directly into the keeper's hands time and time again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful, you'll be branded a fanboy! lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

and you are an idiot because you started to label people "fanboy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The irony. Youre the moron for failing to see any of the games failings and blaming the user for everything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Seriously. It's amazing how little discussion skills these types of threads entail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you just have to ctrl p "Its your tactics", dont you?

Yes is it the latest version and you are a fanboy when you make excuses for the games failings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Fanboy too.

Super keepers are not real.

And you, my friend, are a paranoid android.

But who's counting?....

Seriously. It's amazing how little discussion skills these types of threads entail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you just have to ctrl p "Its your tactics", dont you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is your tactics that's triggering this, or more accurately it's your inability to react to the AI's tactics that's causing this.

As I've explained above, the reason goalkeepers get high ratings is because the other teams (in this case yours) is just hitting easy balls at them. 10 easy saves = high rating.

Yes, you just have to ctrl p "Its your tactics", dont you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is your tactics that's triggering this, or more accurately it's your inability to react to the AI's tactics that's causing this.

As I've explained above, the reason goalkeepers get high ratings is because the other teams (in this case yours) is just hitting easy balls at them. 10 easy saves = high rating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is pretty much what i was saying earlier...but then i guess this makes it some sort of "fanboy conspiracy". Where's wwfan when you need him? Although no doubt philly knows more than him about tactics...

Can we close this thread already? We all know that superkeepers don't exist, philly won't listen to reason, we are therefore not going to achieve squat here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

and you are an idiot because you started to label people "fanboy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are the idiot here,its sad for you...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

you are the idiot here,its sad for you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will you give up?

You've already got a yellow card, if you carry on insulting people you'll just get yourself banned.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kriss:

Be a pity to lose Al23's post though because I found that a quite brilliant illustration of how to get the right result from FM08 using football and normal logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll be you and about 3 other people though - majority of people on this forum won't read anything past the first few lines unfortunately.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kriss:

Be a pity to lose Al23's post though because I found that a quite brilliant illustration of how to get the right result from FM08 using football and normal logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it always the case that the rare gems are lost in the overwhelming amount of tripe?

A sad reflection of the quality on the quality of these forums.

Isn't it always the case that the rare gems are lost in the overwhelming amount of tripe?

A sad reflection of the quality on the quality of these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should stop trying to type when i'm half asleep - you all know what i meant to say lol

just a quickie, the ratings system is surely flawed then if the keeper is getting high ratings for saving easily 'save-able' shots.

so either the ratings system is flawed or the ai keepers are too good you cant have it both ways.

if the keeper is simply saving 'back pass' shots then this shouldnt be followed by a MOM rating.

which ever view you choose to take still means there is a flaw somewhere

It's the ratings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded - i started a thread commenting on this some time ago, as quite often a GK that does nothing can get a higher than warranted rating.

Voila

A lot of the problems people comment on a merely an artifact of poor feedback from the game. If it was clear that the AI GKs were making poor quality saves then the number of superkeeper threads would surely be reduced?

you know more about this than me so i accept that.

SI would save themselves so much 'omg they have superkeeper' threads then if they sorted the ratings out.

If at the end of the match the opp.keeper had a 6 or 7, i dont think you would here so many 'superkeeper' complaints.

people who play casually (commentary only on full speed) would simply see they had lots of chances, see the opp keeper only got a 6 or 7 and then correctly summize that their strikers where poor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theboydonegood:

you know more about this than me so i accept that.

SI would save themselves so much 'omg they have superkeeper' threads then if they sorted the ratings out.

If at the end of the match the opp.keeper had a 6 or 7, i dont think you would here so many 'superkeeper' complaints.

people who play casually (commentary only on full speed) would simply see they had lots of chances, see the opp keeper only got a 6 or 7 and then correctly summize that their strikers where poor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For once i'm in full agreement here. Well said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

its clear that there are superkeepers to make the game harder.Shame on Sigames. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you mind posting some evidence to support this as at the moment, there is sod all evidence to back this up.

Or better still, read al23's excellent post and realise that it is actually your fault.

you have no life,just get a life except FM series.You have fell in love with FM and cant see that it is not the real life,just a game.And this game has superkeepers that you dont want to accept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pity you, I really do.

you total losers cant accept that this game is not successfull.And try to not to hear this reality from someone.You can only close this thread but you will always face your games unrealities.Ä° am a happy man who made you unhappy,i didnt wanted to do this but i am still happy because you dont have the ability of talking something.

Archived