How many speed stars needed?

Hi,

I have a macbook 2.4 with 2gb ram, a 7200rpm harddrive and a 9400m graphic card. Nothing exceptional but it should run FM10 smoothly. I was just wondering how many speed stars do you need to have the game run smoothly, without having to go take a coffee each time it's loading something.

I got 5 star if I just take the league I'm playing with with small database, 4.5 with medium and 4 with large...

Would it be reasonable do take several leagues like the 5 biggest in Europe?

Cheers

As it is very difficult for anyone but you to say what a slow/fast game is for you it might be difficult to advice on how much of anything to run. I think the best thing is to try it out, load what you want and see how that is and then reduce it untill you find a good pace for you. The game starts up really fast so it isn't all that bad to test it out.

Start with the recommended set up and use that as the minimum.

Agreed: I can usually comfortably run say twice as many leagues as the recommended setup for my machine.

According to SI's press releases, FM'10 sim speed should be somewhat optimized (faster than) from FM'08 and FM'09, so if you had a game setup that worked in either of those, I'd use that for my first long-term FM'10 save.

I think "personal experience" is a much more reliable guide than the star system, at the moment.

I think you'll be fine with a few major leagues in Europe.

Just use your own judgement. I payed no attention to the star system really.

I have Dual Core 2.5ghx, 4gb ram.

I play @ level 10 in England (42 leagues) with a large database and France, Reunion & Spain's players added and the game runs just as well as FM09 did (with way less leagues added).

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the performance.

Archived