not to sure how to ask everyone this

i am barcelona and have the english league running as well and i can see that man utd are doing rubish, they have not bought anyone of any quality since the start of the game 4 years ago and are 6th in the league after january so because i can not bare seeing a team i love doing so bad i create a new user and make them manager of man utd and proceed to buy player for the start of next season while selling the crap players who are on hugh contracts i then reite that manager at the end of the season so the AI can choose a new one. so the question is does anyone else do this ??

Man utd quite often lose it once ferguson goes, on my game in 2013 they're in teh championship with still an amazing team with rooney, tevez, aguero, ronaldo & co in it. They're only mid-table in teh championship as well, whereas on the other hand, cash-strapped cardiff have pretty much bought the premiership title, making 3rd in their first season and being contenders now in their second.

I've seen posts with people saying they do this - sometimes to 'help' another club, sometimes to destroy a rival and sometimes to sneakily buy a player they otherwise couldn't. I'd class it as blatant cheating in my book but hey, it's your game - do it your way!

I wouldn't do it.

When I'm doing well and Rangers are doing crap, i normally wait for their manager to get the boot and then i apply. It's a much better feeling to swoop in and save your club rather than add a fake manager i think.

i was top of the league at Arsenal 3 seasons back and Rafa had got Liverpool into a releagtion dogfight. they had all of the same players who won the league two years before, but they just couldn't win. i applied once for the job, which annoyed my board, then when i was offered i declined it. one win away from the title, there was little point leaving for already relegated Liverpool.

even though i dislike Liverpool irl, i felt a little sorry for them and added a manager. all first teamers apart from Torres, Gerrard, Babel & Agger requested transfers, and i replaced them with decent Championship quality players and a few loans from Arsenals reserves. i left them after about 8 games (8 wins) to concentrate on Arsenal. they got promoted first time, but now they are battling above the relegation zone again... if the jos becomes available, i might just take it properly this time.

not cheating. helping.

I tell you what I do, I run the English, Italian and spanish leagues and when I see a team that has dropped more than 2 leagues in the game than where they should be in real-life, I take them over and manage them back to their real-life league.

I have my own profile as Newcastle manager and stay in that job, then add a new profile to take over a team that has dropped down the leagues, get them back to where their supposed to be, then resign and wait to for a job to be available in another team and apply, most of the time my other managers get offered other jobs.

I end up with about 6 other managers as well as my profile managing Newcastle, it takes the boredom of playing as only one team.

Archived