Football manager 2010 is it worth getting??

I was just about to head to the shop and get it but my bother said to me there having a few problems with it. So i came on here and my eckkkkk its just problem after problem? U dont ever see this with any other games released there a joke haha they cant even make a game you would think they would sort all these problems before they release the thing especially after all the problems with 09.

If i go to the shop and buy it now will it take me ages to sort the problems out? I remember 09 it took me like 4 days to sort it?

Overall its fine. Some people have had bother with steam. A few have had bother with the installation but if your graphics drivers,directx and java are fully updated then you should be fine. I think that its the best fm for years and I'm not the only one that thinks that. Remember to download and install the patch.

Actually, most other major games, their forum looks quite similar at and around release.

The reason being, if you have 100,000 users on Day 1, and less than 1% of them have problems, and half of those that do come post about it ... your forum is going to see 400 people reporting problems ... but not see the 99,000+ who are happily enjoying the game.

Please use the Demo to determine if the game will get along well with your machine ... if it does, I'd have no hesitation about heading down to the shop to pick up a copy. If it doesn't, then that might give you pause.

Why does everyone say there were problems with 09? I have it, it runs perfectly smooth, great gameplay, I think it's a great game.

It'd be easier to help if you didn't come on here and in stilted pigeon-speak say "U dont ever see this with any other games released there a joke haha they cant even make a game you would think they would sort all these problems before they release the thing especially after all the problems with 09.".

Try the demo, if you don't like it, don't buy it. That's the purpose of the demo.

I'd say it depends on how important the editor is to you, this is one thing a demo can't tell you. I'm having lots of trouble changing fairly basic things, whilst other changes I've made (such as completely restructuring the SPL) has worked fine. But editing club transfer budgets, debt, whose managing where etc just seems to be a lot more trouble than it's worth. Until the bugs are fixed I'm going to go back to playing 2009.

Having said that though, the overall game interface seems to be fine, and the general gameplay is pretty much as it was in the demo, so if you enjoyed that, and the editor isn't a big deal to you I'd suggest you buy it.

Think of what goes into making a fps game and what goes into making such a indepth game such has fm, Its not even possible to think of how many staff and how much man hours goes into making this game. I have never had any problems with any of the releases over the years and the niggly little bugs and errors get worked out with patches... I played FM2010 demo has I aint got my copy from zavvi yet but I have had no probs with the demo.... GET THE GAME

I suggest the OP tries the demo, and buys if he likes that :)

No disrespect, as I've been buying SI's games since 1992, but I've never been able to judge either CM or FM from the demo.

I've been a regular release day buyer over the years, but FM08 was too bugged - and FM09 had too many issues for me as well.

I'm going to see what the feedback is like for FM10, but in the meantime, I'm going to stay with FM07.

Actually, most other major games, their forum looks quite similar at and around release.

The reason being, if you have 100,000 users on Day 1, and less than 1% of them have problems, and half of those that do come post about it ... your forum is going to see 400 people reporting problems ... but not see the 99,000+ who are happily enjoying the game.

Please use the Demo to determine if the game will get along well with your machine ... if it does, I'd have no hesitation about heading down to the shop to pick up a copy. If it doesn't, then that might give you pause.

This is very true, the happy people are the ones that are happily playing the game, rather than posting in the forums!

And A LOT of people play FM, only a small minority are on here complaining, trust me! :D

Really? I know judging by your name that you don't move with the times ;), but man, you really need to play FM10. There really is nothing like it.

That's good to hear - I really hope it is a return to form as CM/FM is my all time favourite series of games.

I'll also add that I've not found too many issues with the games in the series over the last 17 years. I mean, I did hate CM4 for what it was - but CM03/04 fixed a lot of that.

It's just after two consecutive releases that haven't worked for me, I'm being more cautious about taking it up.

I'll also need to get the laptop upgraded before I can move to FM10 fully (my main PC will run it fine - but I like to be able to play on both) - so that is another factor on holding off.

Archived