The best Football Manager ever???

What does everybody think of FM2010 so far?

It's only young, but I'm sure everybody has been playing it to death, while there are many playing the excellent Forza Motorsport 3 on Xbox 360 we are all in Football Manager heaven.

I'm sure there are many who would rather use the game to hit someone with it, but lets start with the negatives...

Okay. Positives... I'll be brief cos I could on for ages. This is by far the best Football Manager ever made CUT!!!. My PC isn't that great and it definately showed in last years version but this years version is just soo much better in every possible way. Faster, more polished, easier to navigate, much faster processing between days, and the best part which I have to I was a little anxious about is the matches, brilliantly done.

My score out of 10 = 20 :)))

Anyways. I'll stop now and let you have your say. Be brief and I don't care if this thread is a duplicate, I haved checked and nobody has this thread yet, so go ahead and pour your praises or dis it hell...

Well, I have not played FM 2010 for various reasons yet, but from what I have heard, SI did a good job for FM 2010. It is way better than FM 2009. But I hope that SI adds future playable nations in upcoming FM series because using a data editor to add playable nations is just a pain!

It's fantastic. The Backroom Staff advice/meetings are brilliant, they completely open the game up for me and get me involved with things that I never would have done or thought of on previous FMs. Usually a diehard 2D fan, I've been using the 3D match engine and it's much, much better this year. When we (Liverpool) knocked our 4th goal past Aachen in a friendly, their goalkeeper was angrily waving his arms at his defence in a Schmeichel-esque manner. :D

Tactically frustrating, beating a big team with my tactic then losing to a mediocre team alot.

Makes me doubt my tactic and start tinkering over and over.

I don't think the new skin is better than the previous one.

The game feels the same underneath.

These are just some negatives but i still enjoy the game.

Pretty good tbh. Better than last year and thats all we ask init.

The ME is ok, number of issues including the lack of tackling and the same old bugs re: players hoofing balls into team mates, not closing down, loads of penalties etc.

But so far, more than so good. I wont be baying for anyone's blood this year. :thup:

The fully patched FM09 was perfectly fine. Personally I liked it more that the much lauded FM07 where even the most mediocre striker could score 30 goals a season without breaking sweat. FM10 looks good to me, no major step forward but I wasn't expecting that.

The thing I'm most impressed with in FM10 is that most of the new features have hit the ground running, and are immediately useful. In recent years, SI was occasionally falling into a trap of introducing features that still needed some work, ie confidence.

Overall, this is by far the best FM I've ever played (07 onwards) and SI really deserve a pat on the back for responding to the criticism they received on here for FM09 in the best way possible.

Archived