Games abandoned?

Once I had my Latvian PL game against Blazma cancelled about 3 times because of waterlogged pitch, eventually the game was played 2 months later than it should ;)

Speaking about abadoned games, i think it happens too rarely to be coded in the game.

wish this would happen more often for teams in places such as highland league during winter. makes it a bit more real plus if it happens to yur team and your player will come back from injury before the replay, it can be very important factor!

watching the Rangers Dundee Utd game up here earlier on, abandoned at half time........has it ever happened in FM? is it even possible in the game?

Don't even know how that game went ahead in the first place. Its been peeing down like mad here since last night.

I've had loads of games abandoned due to waterlogged pitches as Rossendale and in FM09 as Telford

Telford: Home of rain :)

Surprised at the lack of inclusion of such a feature, especially as there are certain weekends every winter where the whole country is affected, leaving Jeff and Co. to comment on about 15 games nationwide. Guess it would involve a lot of coding, but the repercussions would be good, ie. fixture rearranging.

Why did they remove it? I remember back in the CM3 series of games you used to get a big 'A' in the scores box at the top of the commentary... Unless i'm just dreaming...

You're not dreaming. Back on 01/02 I had a game abandoned in the second half because of a blizzard.

I think that they should have it so instead of having just 1 game being randomly called off they should have loads of fixtures being called off which would make it more realistic.

I dont think calling off a whole host of random games called off would make it realistic tbh. If it was done geographically, perhaps that would be better? You know, teams that are close together geographically like Newcastle and Sunderland, both the Nottingham teams aswell for example. Its much more likely that snow/adverse weather would happen locally rather across the country.

I dont think calling off a whole host of random games called off would make it realistic tbh. If it was done geographically, perhaps that would be better? You know, teams that are close together geographically like Newcastle and Sunderland, both the Nottingham teams aswell for example. Its much more likely that snow/adverse weather would happen locally rather across the country.

That's even less realistic as those two pairs of teams would never play at home on the same day.

Archived