No Crowd - Help Please

I'm running fm2010 on a Mac pro so plenty of power. I started a game in the Blue square premier north. I'm halfway through the season and have started a game with four nations, with a large database.

I have show crowd selected in the preference menu but still no joy.

My graphic rating is 5 stars yet it will only let me select low and auto-select on the graphic detail options. Every game is an empty stadium.

One other small issue is sound always crackles. I have turned the output right down in preferences to no avail.

I would much appreciate some help as although minot it's very frustrating.

Cheers for your help.

I vaguely remember being mentioned in one of the Blog threads that there would be no crowds visible on the mac version.

Of course I can't find the reference right now of course.

Cheers Giziar I'll have a look. I hope it's not the case though.

Does anyone else on a mac or someone from sigames who can confirm this please?

I have the exact situation as you do, MacBook Pro, with good characteristics, should play smoothly, but still I can not choose Medium or High detail.

I've read somewhere that it should work if you update your computer (OS ver, graphic card drivers) but i'm not sure about that, and would also like some suggestion from the SiGames.

I have the exact situation as you do, MacBook Pro, with good characteristics, should play smoothly, but still I can not choose Medium or High detail.

I've read somewhere that it should work if you update your computer (OS ver, graphic card drivers) but i'm not sure about that, and would also like some suggestion from the SiGames.

It seems there are a few with the same problems. Seen on other fm forums people reporting the same thing.

I'm up to date on all software so it can't be that.

I've tried everything, to be honest just getting by with out it but it kind of sucks playing at an empty wembley. :D

It seems there are a few with the same problems. Seen on other fm forums people reporting the same thing.

I'm up to date on all software so it can't be that.

I've tried everything, to be honest just getting by with out it but it kind of sucks playing at an empty wembley. :D

Im chelsea and at the beggining of the season there was a massive crowd now half way through the season they have all disappeared and its not cause im losing either :(

Im chelsea and at the beggining of the season there was a massive crowd now half way through the season they have all disappeared and its not cause im losing either :(

Are you running it on a mac?

So far it's seems people experiencing the problem are on mac's.

Sigames any help or info on the situation please?

The best advice is to delete all fm related cache and update your graphic drivers

To delete cache delete the fm folders in these 3 locations

- User > Library > Caches

- User > Library > Logs

- User > Library > Preferences

Thank you so much for a response. I will give it a try. Cheers :thup:

Thank you so much for a response. I will give it a try. Cheers :thup:

Gave it a try with no joy. I've given up now.

This game is fantastic but everything seems to be going wrong for me.

I have to disable sound because it crackles and the whistle is distorted and sounds like it's frying my speakers.

I have show crowd selected yet I get no crowd.

I have a top graphics card witch fm gives a five star rating yet I can only select low detail.

And now my disc has to be inserted five times before the computer wants to read it.

Before people start saying it's my computer it's not. My computer is fine and the disk drive is fine.

Apart from my issues the game is quality although I just feel as if this hasn't been tested thoroughly on mac computers as I'm reading a lot other people are having the same problems.

Never had issues with earlier releases. I thought the days of errors had long gone.

Hope this can be sorted in a patch.

well i guess it depends on the graphics card really, however having the option greyed out all together seems weird, my friend has the problem as well but thats because he has just an onboard graphics card so im guessing that may be your problem too. (he also seems to get a 5 star graphics rating which is totally wrong)

I got rid of Snow Leopard, and re-installed 10.5 leopard. Graphics are smooth again:thup: but still no crowd:thdn: Still don't have the options of (high, mid, low) graphic settings.

I also ran FM2010 on my macbook pro (10.5). Crowd, yes:thup: smooth graphics no:thdn: But I did have the option to change the settings (high, med, low)

Perhaps unrelated but I found the crowd disappeared from my game with overuse of memory, though a reboot and reload of preferences fixed it. Could there be a RAM issue here?

Definitely not a ram issue. Got 4gb!!

Graphics card is one of the best available and my computer is a high end mac pro.

Definitely an issue with mac computers and graphics because like I said earlier plenty of people who are having the same issue are running on a mac.

Sigames in future if you need any more mac testers you know where to come. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived