League detail level question

Whenever I play, I usually load up multiple leagues from multiple countries in order to have a good variety of newgens/regens in the game, plus to get a feeling of an actual football world around me. I mostly load all the major leagues, plus a few lower tier leagues. I always leave the detail of these leagues on default which I think is usually set to full detail. Now, when I choose a club, I always stay there for the entire career (however long it lasts). I never switch teams or leagues. Recently I read that I can set the leagues in which I'm not managing to just 'View Only' detail level. If I do this, will it limit in any way the number of newgens that are created from those leagues, and will the squads of the clubs of those leagues still be generated to a full extent?

Yes. Leagues on view only definitely have less players created than playable leagues.

That is, if things haven't changed much as in my FM08 save loads of teams in the EPL only have a half squad with hardly any juniors.

Playable leagues all have a full squad.

Having the leagues set to playable has, in my experience, resulted in more players/staff being available in the game as opposed to view-only. However, the full-detail stuff only applies to how much info the game collects and presents for the selected league, if I'm not mistaken. I play the same way wherein I load other nations for the sake of regens and not to play in, and I believe it speeds up your game if you set the match-detailing to minimal for the leagues you aren't playing in.

Having the leagues set to playable has, in my experience, resulted in more players/staff being available in the game as opposed to view-only. However, the full-detail stuff only applies to how much info the game collects and presents for the selected league, if I'm not mistaken. I play the same way wherein I load other nations for the sake of regens and not to play in, and I believe it speeds up your game if you set the match-detailing to minimal for the leagues you aren't playing in.

Yeah I knew it would speed up the game because I've read that the match results for those leagues are not actually played out. I think in my case, I will continue running those other leagues in full detail in order to guarantee a more diversified creation of regens.

If I've read correctly you've accidentally caused a bit of confusion by the wording in post 1. If you have a playable league and put it on lowest detail, it's not view only. IIRC a playable league on minimum detail still behaves in the same manner as one on full detail - it has to, as you may want to manage in it. View only would be entirely different.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I'm sorry.

Archived