Is it true?

Is it true that there are problems to do with selling players. I am playing with only a few leagues loaded with in one nation with a medium db (its the most my laptop can handle) and I have seen around the boards that the less leagues you have, that it is extrememly difficult to sell players. I always transfer list, and set 'not needed' to players that I want to sell btw. So basically I am askiing whether it is hard to sell players in FM 10 especially with a a game setup such as mine. Cheers.

I hope not although I have my game setup very similar to yours due to my ageing laptop and I have noticed that no-one ever bids for my players. I firstly put it down to the fact that I started as Newcastle (team I support) and the players I am trying to shift are the likes of Geremi and Butt who have ludicrous salaries and are poor in the extreme..........I really hope its down to the teams not wanting my players rather than a problem in the game

i haven't had this problem playing as liverpool with only english leagues loaded down to league 2. I've already sent a bunch of players from my reserves on loan, sold dossena for more than he is worth and i'm fighting off bids on lucas and insua whilst negotiating deals for babel and degen and there's plenty of interest in them as well as some of my other players.

Haven't got a small setup in terms of leagues, but I have managed to transfer list players and still get at least their full value (in one case, more than double after transfer listing him, but he was only worth £9k so its not really a huge amount).

i have a large database down to the bluesquare/north&south and im in league 2. players who are more than good enough to play in the BS no clubs will take them on a free. in real life clubs from the BS would be lining up to take them.

so yes this is a major problem

i have a large database down to the bluesquare/north&south and im in league 2. players who are more than good enough to play in the BS no clubs will take them on a free. in real life clubs from the BS would be lining up to take them.

so yes this is a major problem

Sorry, which players are you basing this "major problem" out of interest?

I firstly put it down to the fact that I started as Newcastle (team I support) and the players I am trying to shift are the likes of Geremi and Butt who have ludicrous salaries and are poor in the extreme..........I really hope its down to the teams not wanting my players rather than a problem in the game

I might be wrong but I think the game takes into account the current financial climate that seems to be affecting the world today. Think about it would you pay wages of 50k plus to a player thats 30+? I know I wouldn't unless he's exceptional and I don't think any of the Newcastle squad qualify. So I dont think its a bug.

I might be wrong but I think the game takes into account the current financial climate that seems to be affecting the world today. Think about it would you pay wages of 50k plus to a player thats 30+? I know I wouldn't unless he's exceptional and I don't think any of the Newcastle squad qualify. So I dont think its a bug.

I wonder how that will affect long term games. I don't mind it being incorporated due to real life events, but I'd hope it wouldn't still be the case 10 fm seasons down the line. By that time I would think the worlds finances would be sorted

Archived