Is something amiss here?

I just came across a player in my scouting with some rather tasty stats. He's a striker and is willing to sign for me for free on a contract of no more than £200pw, which given his splattering of nice stats, has got to be a good deal. It is mentioned that he is rather injury prone, so maybe that is the reason for his bargain buy status.

toogoodtobetrue.jpg

Yes, I have removed his name. I don't want to be responsible for everyone signing him and him becoming an FM legend.

It just seems too good to be true and has led me to wondering if something is amiss.

I've offered him a trial to see what he's like.

What is his age? It might be important.

Also, 5'4"? Oh dear.

But honestly, don't know what the deal is. He does have nice stats, yes. If I recall, there were two or three exceptionally good fake players last year on some obscure Italian team. Same thing maybe?

whats the tasty part of 9 finishing, 3 acceleration and 3 in strenght for a striker?

Always good to have someone with 20 for free kicks and creativity in your team, I'd say.

He'd be nice as a creative playmaker in the frontline. Pair him up with a natural finisher and you might just have a nice partnership. But, yes, his 3 in strength does negate from that role a bit.

Just waiting to see if he accepts the trial offer...

Oh, he's 29. The 3 goals from 19 games came in 97-98 and he has no other history.

I just found another player of the same nationality and a little older with similarly great stats and a similar history...this time 3 clubs in the late 90s.

It's like they were both greatly anticipated players and then disappeared off the face of the Earth only to return in 2009 to sign for some semi-pro team in Belgium.

I can't help thinking it may come down to making the game all that much easier finding possible gems like these.

Archived