Who has advanced the most so far?

Quit and uninstalled it after my first league game.

Played the Charity Shield against Chelsea, 2 long range 30 + yard shots won them the game.

Played West Ham in the league away, same scenario again. 2 long rangers give them the points, where as my strikers can't score when the goal is 5 yards away. Rooney did score one for me though..but that was 30 plus yards out too.

If I can spot this after 2 games what the hell have the in game testers been doing? And is it me, but is the ME worse than 09? It seems more glitchy and jaggy and not as smooth.

Now I'm booting up 09, thank god I didn't uninstall that.

Played the Charity Shield against Chelsea, 2 long range 30 + yard shots won them the game.

Played West Ham in the league away, same scenario again. 2 long rangers give them the points, where as my strikers can't score when the goal is 5 yards away. Rooney did score one for me though..but that was 30 plus yards out too.

If I can spot this after 2 games what the hell have the in game testers been doing? And is it me, but is the ME worse than 09? It seems more glitchy and jaggy and not as smooth.

I know everyone says it but, seriously, it's your tactics.

I've scored goals from everywhere. In my last match I scored three times. The first was a long, placed shot from the edge of the area (so I'll give it to you that there are some - but not 30 yards). The second was a lovely passing interchange down the right wing resulting in a perfect cross to the far side of the six-yard box and a well taken volley. The third goal was a simple header from a corner.

The opposition scored from the edge of the penalty area and a header from a cross that my goalie flapped at.

You haven't spotted a bug after 2 games. You've spotted that your tactics are wrong and you need to change them. Proof of bugs comes after extensive testing. Go work on your tactics.

Oh and after nearly 2 days of play I am at...July 20th 2009. This is about the 5th game I have started. I had gotten into August with Chester but the game crashed and my last save was before the pre-season. I'd started to enjoy that a bit but couldn't drag myself in to going back (I have a thing about the first pre-season - seems to take forever). So I just started another unemployed game and got a job as manager of Eendracht Aalst in Belgium. I hope to reach at least September before I go back to work.

it quite literally is your tactics

how is that my tactics? that never happens on past versions. yes screamers are scored past me, but with such frequency? i can close them down as much as i can, but if obi mikel picks it up and drills it 35 yards there not much you can do. and then when anelka, dyer and diamanti do itin the next 120 minutes of football...well..then for me its game over. and this tactical wizard thing is gash.

2010 is just terrible.

At christmas after 6 hours gameplay, this slow, average or quick?

I made it to December with Harrogate after 9 hours of game play on Friday. This was with all of England, Northern Ireland and Scotland and a large database loaded. Compare that to yours.

I made it to December with Harrogate after 9 hours of game play on Friday. This was with all of England, Northern Ireland and Scotland and a large database loaded. Compare that to yours.

Just with England loaded and I know my laptops limitations lol. Medium database, its going ok speed wise a lot better than 09 so im happy.

how is that my tactics? that never happens on past versions. yes screamers are scored past me, but with such frequency? i can close them down as much as i can, but if obi mikel picks it up and drills it 35 yards there not much you can do. and then when anelka, dyer and diamanti do itin the next 120 minutes of football...well..then for me its game over. and this tactical wizard thing is gash.

2010 is just terrible.

i had the same problem with too many long shots and i set all the players' individual instructions to never shoot from long distance. give it a go it might help. also maybe give lower creative freedom so they stick to your instructions more :thup:

If you uninstall it after two games because good players are scoring against you from long range then you may as well give up. You need half a season AT LEAST to mess around with the new tactic system. Try and actually play some DM's so opposition players don't get as much space. Use a bit of logic, don't just throw in the towel.

How someone can playtest it for two games and give adequate feedback is beyond me.

Was on the 9th of Feb 2010 this time last night when the game crashed, reloaded it and found myself at July 09, checked preferences and auto save was off (could have sworn I'd set it to weekly 3 file rolling). Was top of the SPL 4 points ahead of Rangers when the crash happened. Now I'm at Dec 19th 2009 and am second in the league, 9 points behind Rangers with a game in hand.

2010 is just terrible.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2031258&postcount=50

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3083442&postcount=7

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3924069&postcount=3

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3924420&postcount=6

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3950615&postcount=22

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4015099&postcount=502

Why do you keep buying a game which is in your opinion:

1. Utter bollocks

2. Made by a <insert explecit adjective> company

3. Directed by a <insert explecit adjective> bloke

4. Bad for your health

it quite literally is your tactics

Quit brown nosing fan-boy. If they served up **** on a plate you'd still claim it as the GOAT.

Quit brown nosing fan-boy. If they served up **** on a plate you'd still claim it as the GOAT.

so you've played 2 games and thrown your dummy out of the cot and given the game up ? stop sooking for christ sake. You are man utd for god sake, did you think by managing 1 of the best clubs in the world will make it easier for you ? FM wasn't made to be easy, you need to tweak your tactics if you are not winning, find the winning formula.

I'm glad you bought the game & wasted your money if that's your attitude. Instead of giving up, why not fight fight fight ! and prove people wrong, prove that you can play this game and play it well ? why must you rely on other peoples tactics and an ingame editor to be somewhat successfull with fm09 ?

Stop hiding behind the fear of failure, and fight till the death ??

so you've played 2 games and thrown your dummy out of the cot and given the game up ? stop sooking for christ sake. You are man utd for god sake, did you think by managing 1 of the best clubs in the world will make it easier for you ? FM wasn't made to be easy, you need to tweak your tactics if you are not winning, find the winning formula.

I'm glad you bought the game & wasted your money if that's your attitude. Instead of giving up, why not fight fight fight ! and prove people wrong, prove that you can play this game and play it well ? why must you rely on other peoples tactics and an ingame editor to be somewhat successfull with fm09 ?

Stop hiding behind the fear of failure, and fight till the death ??

Why waste your time mate? :confused:

Just enjoy it and let people like him rant and moan.

as a leicester fan i hope the game is right lol i want to know whats happened to them since tho lol. on the subject of long shots, in my 1st game as manager of weymouth, my goalkeeper scored from a free kick mid way in our own half. hope it dont happen too often

Am I the only beginning to think that continentalmanager3 is an employee of Eidos set on causing as much disruption and turn as many people off Football Manager as possible? And he should be banned permanently for calling Our Leader (Miles) that! :D

TOPIC: I'm in Feb 2011 in my County Championship game. Won the league the first year with Greater Manchester and I am clear by 4 points this year.

This guys a goat man lol . how is more glitch the 09, impossible

Archived