Can bid on player but he leaves before bid accepted

There's a player who I've had my eye on for a while but I've only just noticed is at the centre of a bidding war. If I make a bid after my last save before his current club have a chance to accept it he agrees to join Leeds in league 1 and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to prevent it. I've asked for a response on the same day, offered £100m just to stall the process, declared an interest in the media all with no success. There doesn't seem to be the option to exchange player either (his club bid for one of my players), am I screwed?

There's a player who I've had my eye on for a while but I've only just noticed is at the centre of a bidding war. If I make a bid after my last save before his current club have a chance to accept it he agrees to join Leeds in league 1 and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to prevent it. I've asked for a response on the same day, offered £100m just to stall the process, declared an interest in the media all with no success. There doesn't seem to be the option to exchange player either (his club bid for one of my players), am I screwed?

• 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

It's because all the best players want to come to mighty Leeds!

At least they will come 5PM this aft! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hear, Hear icon_wink.gificon14.gif

Archived