Grayed Players in View Only Leagues

If I load up a league I can play in, then all players are available to purchase or scout etc.

But all leagues I just want to view (I have all European leagues on view only, and England and Spain on Play), have the vast majority of players grayed out and teams unable to scout. I don't get this. Why would I send a scout to a foreign country when only 1 or 2 players in each team, if lucky, are available to see.

Is this something wrong? Or something that I am not getting. Obviously players can come in from abroard but they're all grayed out, though some have full stats... I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me like I'm a three year old please:)

The viewing league allows you to do just that, see where teams are in the league and view results amongst the teams. If you want all the players you have to load them from the start, use a custom database and select the leagues you want players loaded from.

The viewing league allows you to do just that, see where teams are in the league and view results amongst the teams. If you want all the players you have to load them from the start, use a custom database and select the leagues you want players loaded from.

Ok, so where do I find the custom database? I place the player database on large yet the only leagues that wont have grayed out players are the ones I play in. But more than a couple of those and the system rating says your computer will struggle, despite mine being well equiped.

I can't just play the game with English and Spanish players... so how can a get a good spread?

When you start a new game there's "Database Size" and you have Small, Medium, Large & Custom. Choose custom. It adds about 3000 (9000 up to 12000) players if you add "Players from Top Clubs" of each continent, which makes no difference to performance on my PC at least.

Depending on how "well equipped" your computer actually is, you may wanna select a few countries and add "Players from Top Division Clubs". The whole of Europe's top division clubs takes you up to 42000 which gives me a fairly low performance rating, so may wanna stick to France, Germany, Italy, etc. Up to you of course.

When you start a new game there's "Database Size" and you have Small, Medium, Large & Custom. Choose custom. It adds about 3000 (9000 up to 12000) players if you add "Players from Top Clubs" of each continent, which makes no difference to performance on my PC at least.

Depending on how "well equipped" your computer actually is, you may wanna select a few countries and add "Players from Top Division Clubs". The whole of Europe's top division clubs takes you up to 42000 which gives me a fairly low performance rating, so may wanna stick to France, Germany, Italy, etc. Up to you of course.

Great stuff Kyno, its just strange that I wont be able to send a scout to A Nation and there's no one to scout unless that specific country is selected to have its players loaded. I'm sure when I was playing 00/01 it was slightly better. The fact is, every one wants realism, but all these players are being made redundant and have no purpose in the game... that's how I read it, unless... unless I don't know, haha.

Archived