FM/Steam question

• 1 month later...

This weekend I was without access to the internet. When I booted up Steam to play FM, it said "updating" and then said it could not connect, and shut down. I was thus completely unable to play FM.

How do I get around this? I remember in the past you could launch the game directly through a .exe instead of having to go through Steam, but this no longer seems to happen... what do I do? Had I known about this, I would just have bought a CD as I mostly play FM when I don't have internet access.

Ok I did that. I restarted in offline mode, and it gives me the option to go online or stay offline. I clicked stay offline, and it says "Could not connect to steam network" and doesn't start. WTF?

I'm getting this problem too. I installed via steam and I launch the game through steam but I have to have the disc in the drive for it to work, also when I am offline the game wont launch because steam isnt connected to the internet. I've tried going through the C:programme files way going to the Steam folder on my c drive and when i got to steam, Steam Apps etc There is no .exe file.

This is a tad annoying.

if you have to have the disc in the drive with steam its cuz you patched the game which your not meant to do. To get steam to work in offline mode click file setting and make sure account credentials is unticked then make sure when you login to steam you have ticked the remember my details button once this has been done you can set steam to offline mode and it should work fine

Archived