Data editor

Hello guys, hope you can help me out.

Can someone give me an idiots guide on how to use the data editor for fm2010?

Whatever changes I make in the editor dont seem to materialise ingame.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. I just cant seem to load the database i've edited. It just continues to load up the origional database. I am saving all my changes:confused:

thanks in advance.

1) the editor needs to be used before the game is started (just incase you didnt know)

2) unlike last year you dont edit the database, you create add on files - so when you start a new game you select the normal database and then the next screen allows you to pick any 'additional' files - these are the ones that you create.

2) unlike last year you dont edit the database, you create add on files - so when you start a new game you select the normal database and then the next screen allows you to pick any 'additional' files - these are the ones that you create.

Might be a noob question, but where on the 2nd screen do you select the add on files?

But how? I've watched the video... and that hasn't made anything clear either... As the start up screen is different!?

I think i'm going mad.

If installed using the Offline activation method the game editor can be found at:

Computer > Local Disk (C: > All Programs > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > Tools

If installed using the STEAM activation method the game editor can be found at:

Computer > Local Disk (C > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > football manager 2010 > tools

Jesus Christ. The answer above is sooo wrong. Almost noone (except one guy here) has a problem in finding the editor. The true problem concerns using it. Can you explain, step by step, how to add the previously saved editor data files? I saved everything on a "config.xml" file and now I cannot play the game with my changes.

The reason for my reaction is a guess, that polish Football Manager 2010 has (as usual) more bugs than any other.

Jesus Christ. The answer above is sooo wrong. Almost noone (except one guy here) has a problem in finding the editor. The true problem concerns using it. Can you explain, step by step, how to add the previously saved editor data files? I saved everything on a "config.xml" file and now I cannot play the game with my changes.

The reason for my reaction is a guess, that polish Football Manager 2010 has (as usual) more bugs than any other.

http://www.community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4136137&postcount=86

DO NOT SAVE IT AS CONFIG.XML

Give it another name, the config file is what makes it work. Just load up the file you created in the editor, save it as something different, delete the old config.xml and it will make a new one.

The above link explains what to do. At least it should.

That's great! I believe the SI have made a huge mistake by changing the outlook of the editor. It's much less convenient in terms of editing and creating new players.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is much better to have XML's instead. They mean that you can make a file for (eg) the Egyptian leagues, and use it on the database we have at the moment. But we could also use it on the 10.3.0 database, with all the new transfers.

It's much better tbh.

But how? I've watched the video... and that hasn't made anything clear either... As the start up screen is different!?

I think i'm going mad.

My problem was the little box thingy not appearig when I clicked new game. I went into the idiot's guide they'd made over on the Editor's Forum, and followed their instructions.

They said to delete the config file, and now it works perfectly.

If your problem was you couldn't find the editor (and I presume you've looked in the obvious place: the start menu) then right click on the FM10 icon, select 'find target', and you should find it there.

Haha! It works! After deleting config.xml, everything goes on very well. Thanks for your help!

Go through the editor - save your changes

Start a new game - when the box appears in the bottom right hand corner of the little box is a tick box - tick it and when the next screen appears you can add in the changes you made.

EDIT - you edited your post as I was posting...

Guest AlbanerTyrker
Haha! It works! After deleting config.xml, everything goes on very well. Thanks for your help!

Heheheh yeah its very true!! I did delete the "Config" aswell and the Database came on and everything that i did on the Data Editor was very worth it!!!

Nice!!! :) Now i can play after adding some players :)

question: I have set up an uk league system, Just completed a season and noticed that the play-off semi finals are not over 2 legs, gone back into editor and cant see an option to change it to 2 legs is it possible to do this or do i have to stick with it being just 1 game

Sorry to say but the whole thought about the editor may be of good intentions but it didn't turn up nice , i am creating xhtml or whatever files and when i am choosing one the others don't load , i want the ability to save everything into 1 freaking db not having to chose stupid files that erase one another.

• 3 weeks later...

i think i made a big mistake i deleted the original editor save then made new ones but when i start up a new game it wont let me choose a data base!!! please help!!! and i dont understand the Config.XML where do you save it??

Archived