Installation Problem [help request]

When my game is being installed i get a message about something like ...'the game was not installed properly'... but i can get the game to start by finding the exe in the program files. The game plays but has crashed twice and i cannot get the patch to work...

Has anybody any useful advice please? Wasn't sure where to post... new-ish user.:thup:

• SI Staff

If the game wasn't installed properly, try uninstalling the game, then re-installing it.

If you are still having problems, then please post again giving more details, such as your computer specs, what other software is running in the background (anti-virus software, for example) and how you are trying to install the game (via Steam or the other method).

Thanks for your reply. i have uninstalled and re-installed the game a couple of times with the same results sadly. my computer is high end vista-running pc. i have tried to install the game using both the cd and getting steam to authorise and have not had any luck. i thought the patch would fix it but this stops when three quarters of the way though unpacking.

sorry for being a touch vague - any help appreciated

thanks

Hi,

I've just successfully installed FM2010 and when it goes to load up gives me the following message:

Can not run graphics

Please can someone help? i'm still playing FM2008 at present which is depressing!!

You probably need to upgrade your graphics card drivers which you should be able to get from the manufacturer of your card. You should also update directx.

For the 'installed with errors' problem, are you installing with the express option? I tried Advanced and got this message but it went after installing with Express. Not sure if that was coincidence but worth a try?

Hi,

I've just successfully installed FM2010 and when it goes to load up gives me the following message:

Can not run graphics

What's the exact error? A suggested solution is below if the error matches up.

ERROR: Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system

Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer.

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

"The installation of Football Manager 2010 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details."

this is the message i get - any suggestions about how to track down the log please?

For the 'installed with errors' problem, are you installing with the express option? I tried Advanced and got this message but it went after installing with Express. Not sure if that was coincidence but worth a try?

Quoted from my post above :thup:

I couldn't find the log myself so can't help you there, but give the above a try and let me know how you get on (or if you already installed with express).

• SI Staff

I'm not sure where the log goes - sorry.

Can you try the following please.

Go offline.

Turn off your antivirus. (hence needing to be offline, to be safe).

Try installing the game.

See if you still have installation errors whilst installing.

Turn back on antivirus.

Come back online and let us know if it works.

Did what you suggested - the game works now i think but the patch has again not worked:

i got a message after 528 files updated which says something about sharing violation on my c: drive.

pretty cheesed off

Did you remove previous patch from downloaded folder before downloading new copy of patch??? Just an idea.

Archived