Training in Football Manager 10

I am pretty dissapointed with the training model in FM 10. It seems to be identical to FM 09, yet shouldnt SI be trying to improve it?

I remember some years ago you could fine tune training i.e. set the type of schedule for morning, mid day and evening etc, which personally I found difficult to master but alot more realistic than the current model.

Perhaps SI should find a balance between being able to fine-tune the training and the current slider model it has now, because after all if you dont want to control every aspect of the game you can set your assistant manager to take care of this anyway.

I am hoping that SI could add this in their second patch, or at the very least re-model the training for FM 11. Managers always talk about how getting the right coaches in and using a revamped training schedule can trun a player around. Today Glen Hoddle was talking about Tony Adams and how when Arsene Wenger came in with a new fitness regime, it gave Adams an extra 4 years in the premiership. Yet in FM10 all teams have the same training schedule, just those boing sliders!!

I agree that this could do with a revamp. Although I have no personal issues with the way training is set up, it's true that there isn't a whole lot of options.

It all depends how far into it you want to go though. I personally create unique training schedules for each individual player rather than making a 'Striker' schedule and making all my forwards follow it. Individual schedules can take a lot of time to set up, but it's pretty rewarding in conjunction with a good staff setup.

I agree that this could do with a revamp. Although I have no personal issues with the way training is set up, it's true that there isn't a whole lot of options.

It all depends how far into it you want to go though. I personally create unique training schedules for each individual player rather than making a 'Striker' schedule and making all my forwards follow it. Individual schedules can take a lot of time to set up, but it's pretty rewarding in conjunction with a good staff setup.

I agree its rewarding, but my issue is that it isnt very realistic. It needs a revamp so that it resembles something that is a little more realistic. SI could do something groundbreaking here, consulting with real life coaches to make one of the best training schedules of any computer manager simulation! Of course you should always be able to delegate it to your assistant, so that beginners can have as much fun as the rest of us

I think it could be a choice between the current system and the old one, because I don't want to mess around with when they should do Pig in the Middle or a 5-a-side game but apparently some people do. I just want to be able to say how much they should train every aspect and then the coaches will devise a schedule that trains them like I told them to.

Archived