Forgetting to leave team talk

Right this has hapenned a couple of times now

and its irreversable as well as irritating

I forget to leave a teamtalk after a good 5-0 win with arsenal.

After the game Gallas "Worried by lack of harmony at the club"

I didnt praise the players so im not suprised. the problem is, its too easy to forget.

There needs to be a message saying "Are you sure you wish to leave no team feedback"

or something along these lines to avoid this annoying problem which i cant be the only person thats having :@

Right this has hapenned a couple of times now

and its irreversable as well as irritating

I forget to leave a teamtalk after a good 5-0 win with arsenal.

After the game Gallas "Worried by lack of harmony at the club"

I didnt praise the players so im not suprised. the problem is, its too easy to forget.

There needs to be a message saying "Are you sure you wish to leave no team feedback"

or something along these lines to avoid this annoying problem which i cant be the only person thats having :@

Yeah, I did this all the time with FM2009 and it's very annoying. You just need to slow down a bit with the continue button, although I know how eager you can get wanting to see the supporters confidence rating when you get a big win like that

Here's a better suggestion:

Why don't you put a sticky note on the top of your screen saying; 'REMEMBER TO DO THE TEAM TALK!

Exactly what I did! I was losing a ton of points by forgetting the half-time talks (in fm09) so I taped a note to my space-bar (couldn't continue w/o seeing it). Never forgot another talk again! I actually prepared some stickies for a work project a while later and all my mind was me telling was: "where's the passion, lads?". It felt very Pavlovian. :p

Come on now ,it's a team talk and a major part of the game and what your asking is paramount to being spoon fed!

I couldnt disagree more that there needs to be some sort of help for this ,there are alot bigger issues that need sorting out than wasting time on this ridiculous idea.

I have actually forgot to do it myself on a rare few occasions (too much beer maybe?) but that's my own stupid fault and i really wouldnt be asking for a message saying "are you sure you wish to leave etc etc?" because i have been a complete div!

In fact its sort of embarrising to admit to it at all let alone make a new thread about it!

Come on now ,it's a team talk and a major part of the game and what your asking is paramount to being spoon fed!

I couldnt disagree more that there needs to be some sort of help for this ,there are alot bigger issues that need sorting out than wasting time on this ridiculous idea.

I have actually forgot to do it myself on a rare few occasions (too much beer maybe?) but that's my own stupid fault and i really wouldnt be asking for a message saying "are you sure you wish to leave etc etc?" because i have been a complete div!

In fact its sort of embarrising to admit to it at all let alone make a new thread about it!

I'm pretty certain that if you asked Alex Fergusson if he was sure of anything he'd lamp you one. Realism FTW

Twice now I have accidentally clicked away from the team talk screen and not been able to get back to it, upsetting my team both times. It is my fault but I find it quite annoying.

And this coming from a moderator? Me thinks we need a "Are you sure you wish to ban this member?" option here :p

Twice now I have accidentally clicked away from the team talk screen and not been able to get back to it, upsetting my team both times. It is my fault but I find it quite annoying.

Make that four times :mad:

At least I've now worked out why it is happening. I have a league table widget in the top right hand corner of the screen, which I often look at towards the end of the match. If the match finishes just as I go to click on it, I hit the continue button instead, giving no team talk. I've moved the widget now.

Well - but we do get spoon fed the pre-match and halftime team talks.

The team talk I forget most right now is the substitute team-talk; I'd love to click "Confirm sub" and have it take me to the Team-Talk page before it actually confirms it.

Automatically routing us through the Team-Talk screen as part of the process of continuing out of a game wouldn't be a bad thing.

I've actually been thinking, is "None" a good default? ... Team Talks could seriously be set (initially) to a blank option, which the game simply wouldn't accept. If you pressed "Continue" while it was still blank, it would just take you back to the team-talk screen and maybe the annoying prompt-box thing would pop up telling you you need to make a team-talk.

Then, the current "None" talk would be replaced with something like "Talk Tactics", or something, basically, a "Don't get all emotional, keep it cool and collected" implication. Which would get it through our heads that, say, at 1-0 up at halftime it was perfectly acceptable to choose "Talk Tactics".

But I'm totally with you that, if I have picked a team-talk, I don't want any kind of "Are you sure | Yes/No ... No wait, are you REALLY sure? | Yes/No" dialog flow, those always get old in two seconds flat.

We get spoon fed everything else, why not this? I tend to do it becuase I get distract, like I'm thinking what to say then suddenly I remember a player I need to buy or some tactics I need to change and I forget about the team talk. How about a simple box saying 'are you sure?' and a tick box asking if you want to display that box again? Can't be that hard.

How YOU can make the mistake and then somehow believe it is down to the developers to make it so as you can no longer make the mistake is beyond me.

If it asked me for confirmation everytime i set a team talk i would find it quite infuriating, not to mention less flowy, and unrealistic. I wonder how many times Rafa or Fergie give a team talk and are then prompted as to whether or not this is really what they wish to say.

no, its a confirmation for when you leave NO teamtalk which is a highly irregular event which has an impact on the game. NOT a confirmation everytime you make a teamtalk. Maybe if you can stop with the assumption that SI can't do no wrong you'll have time to read the topic?

its a minor problem, a suggestion is, well, suggested and its being discussed. thats it.

EDIT: and nobody's talking about fergie or rafa or anything real life this is about a minor game interface issue

• 2 weeks later...

Archived