Football Manager 10 Ball textures/Sharpness - Am I going Mad?

Ok, it's very possible that this is in my head...i've had a little look on the forums and couldn't find anything.

I downloaded and played the FM2010 Demo, And enjoyed it very much!

Pre-ordered the game, and installed it and patched it - along with installing windows 7, on release day.

From my memory, the graphics looked somehow crisper on the demo.

For Instance - the ball was textured (one of the view differences i can actually place my finger on!). That is to say that it was not just a white dot, but had some kind of markings on it that you could see as it moved along the ground. Now it is just a white dot.

I get a five star rating for my graphics card (i realise this may not mean much), and in the preferences i have set the setting to high in graphical detail - it runs fine in terms of speed.

Does anyone else have a textured ball in the full patched version? Does anyone remeber it looking different in the Demo? Or have i gone entirely crazy....i'm habving to question whether its in my head! Someone save my sanity and let me know how it is for you on high graphical settings.

my pc because it has five stars.

I wouldn't trust the star rating system My pc gets a half star for loading up 6 nations with all leagues medium database. The proccesing speed is the same as if I load up 1 nation with to tier 3 which includes the folowing

1 division

2 divison: group A

group B

3 division: group 1

group 2

group 3

group 4

group 5

group 6

So a total of 9 leagues from 1 counry.

thats no where near the England 7, Italy 8 (?) etc.

So I'm rather bugged with the star rating.

Well edging away from smoothness and star ratings. I've actually found the game really smooth. I actually found the match engine in the demo to be more jerky when on high settings. Its smooth as anyhting now. This could be something the patch helped with, or it could be due to the fact i've moved to windows 7 64bit (from vista 32 bit).

Has anyone else noticed any difference in graphics when set on the highest between the demo and the patched game. Did anyone else think that the ball used to be textured/patterned?

Does anybody have both currently installed on there PC and can check?

I'll skulk off to my crazy land if not and apologies for starting random rumours if not!

Your graphics card's settings may be lower or on performance over quality settings.

Try getting the latest drivers (seeing as you recently installed a new OS you may not have) and tinkering with the settings.

Ok, it's very possible that this is in my head...i've had a little look on the forums and couldn't find anything.

I downloaded and played the FM2010 Demo, And enjoyed it very much!

Pre-ordered the game, and installed it and patched it - along with installing windows 7, on release day.

From my memory, the graphics looked somehow crisper on the demo.

For Instance - the ball was textured (one of the view differences i can actually place my finger on!). That is to say that it was not just a white dot, but had some kind of markings on it that you could see as it moved along the ground. Now it is just a white dot.

I get a five star rating for my graphics card (i realise this may not mean much), and in the preferences i have set the setting to high in graphical detail - it runs fine in terms of speed.

Does anyone else have a textured ball in the full patched version? Does anyone remeber it looking different in the Demo? Or have i gone entirely crazy....i'm habving to question whether its in my head! Someone save my sanity and let me know how it is for you on high graphical settings.

The answer for your question is very simple: The reason is that the game is not optimized for windows 7; the 3D match engine is less fluid than does in windows vista. I have installed Football Manager 2010 and Football Manager 2009 in windows 7 and I went back to "Vista" cause gameplay in both was limping. :thdn:

Archived