Laptop Enough?

I Was looking to buy the samsung r720, the spec is:

Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core ( T4300) 2.1GHz 1024KB (L2 Cache)

4GB Ram

320 GB HD

Vista

Graphics Device ATI Radeon HD 4330 with 512MB

How will FM 2010 run on this??

Looks like a nice little laptop there.

Make sure all the drivers are upto date when you get it home and you should be absolutely fine.

oh im glad you said about the ddr3 ram cos the samsung had 4gb opposed to 3gb. do they do a simalar laptop with a bigger screen? can you reccomened any other good performence laptops with a big screen for under 750pounds?

Yep. 8 series have 18.4" 1080p screens.

8935g is a beast but it costs a bit. 8930g would do!

ive got an 8000 (something) acer lap top - and Ive never seen them for less than £1000 - I bought mine just as a new one was being released and I got it on a discount down to £900 (its got a smaller harddrive - which is why I have a nice terrabite drive in the cupboard)

They are fantastic lap tops 18.4' wide screen monitors (I rounded up...) but they arent exactly 'cheap'

ive got an 8000 (something) acer lap top - and Ive never seen them for less than £1000 - I bought mine just as a new one was being released and I got it on a discount down to £900 (its got a smaller harddrive - which is why I have a nice terrabite drive in the cupboard)

They are fantastic lap tops 18.4' wide screen monitors (I rounded up...) but they arent exactly 'cheap'

You can get 8930's for around £699 and if your lucky 8935's (quad core ones), for £1000.

8700s for £699, 8935s are £1400 and thats direct from acer...

where do you know that you can get those sort of discounts? :)

You can get the 8935g's for like £1000 on ebay from reputable companys.

Or £1200 from Acer Direct -http://www.simplyacer.com/Acer_Aspire_8935G_637465.html

8930g:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/433751/?camp_id=ppc_laptops_models_acer_8930g&gclid=CLahuubj550CFaBb4wodIxbLMQ&source_id=aw

And thats from Dixons, so i'm sure if you look around you'll find it cheaper.

Yea - I cant read the 8935 is £1099 from acer...

Either way - I cant recommend the entire series enough (which ever one you get) Mines been brillant ever since I got it.

Accept the stupid touch pad volume control... dont ask - when you get it, just hit the 'hold' button and use the onscreen volume control - it just never works properly.

I got a ugly laptop computer from school, not fast at all, and drivers are not updated at all either. But it runs 3-5 legues with large database without completely stopping. Yeah, it's alitle laggy, but I like to play FM at my cabin, so laptop it is.

Archived