You score, they score. 6 draws on the trot.

anyone else noticing a pattern that whenever you score the next highlight is straight away and it's an equiliser?

i've drawn 6 on the trot now with this exact same thing happening. and the match generally finishes 1-1 or 2-2.

not a moan just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I score, I score again and again, then concede more. Despite a good back 4 and a good team overall, and being the top goalscorers in the premiership after 13 games by 12 goals (scored 38) I was 19th because I'd conceded 54.

Needless to say, just hit Alt + F4 because I really couldn't be bothered with it. When I tried defensive, I conceded more without scoring, when I try counter I don't create any chances at all, contain the opposition walk all over me. I can't find anything that works at the moment.

I score, I score again and again, then concede more. Despite a good back 4 and a good team overall, and being the top goalscorers in the premiership after 13 games by 12 goals (scored 38) I was 19th because I'd conceded 54.

Needless to say, just hit Alt + F4 because I really couldn't be bothered with it. When I tried defensive, I conceded more without scoring, when I try counter I don't create any chances at all, contain the opposition walk all over me. I can't find anything that works at the moment.

It's all about the tactics matey! You need to adjust!

I was drawing a lot of games top begin with, now I'm into October and my Newcastle team are flying, 2nd in league behind West Brom who've won all of their games, except a 0-1 to my team - they're about 12 points clear at them minute!

I'm not saying its a bug, just the tactics set up at the moment looks better on the face of it, but its so different from what there has been for a number of years and its almost impossible to see where you're going wrong. Didn't have this problem at all on the demo, using the same tactics with the same team just more players loaded in my new save. So it is a bit perplexing where its gone wrong, a few are picking up on it though and yes we probably are all getting it wrong tactically, but as I said - If I go defensive and try to sit back in numbers, even with a "stopper" defender, and an "anchor man" with closing down set to often, I still often will see defenders stand there, not even challenging a player on the edge of the box.

In 09 i used to draw a lot of games, playing as Grimsby it was fantastic, I built my tactic to not concede too many but still did, many for draws. But then again IRL the team is struggling and I was making the playoffs or just under most seasons... I hardly think this is new, it seems like tactics to me!

I'm not saying its a bug, just the tactics set up at the moment looks better on the face of it, but its so different from what there has been for a number of years and its almost impossible to see where you're going wrong.

I lost my first game, realised my tactic was the pits, overhauled it and created a wonderful final 3rd passing team!!! The new tactic editor really helps, full of wonderful ideas! It IS very easy to see where you are going wrong, it really adds importance now to playing pre season friendlies as you can debug your tactic!

This kind of thing (to me atleast) always seemed more directly linked to the mentality of your players.

I remember my workmanlike, professional, determined Napoli squad never gave soft goals on the bounce or drawing games they should have won, often grinding out results without the dodgy lapses.

Yet playing with my far more gifted Fiorentina squad was a nerve wracking affair as many of these "geniuses" seemed to switch off after scoring or go completely awol when 2 up

I have to say I agree. In my last 10 games I've had 7 draws. 7!

Last game, playing A.S. Roma, I was up 1-0. I changed my tactics to defensive and asked my men to retain possession. What happens on the 80th min? Bologna scores. Draw, again. I quit there and then, it's rediculous.

It hasn't happened to me tbh. I've either won or lost. Have had either 1 or 2 draws only. I just set my mentality to control no matter who the opposition is and then try to keep possession and when I'm comfortable in the game, I attack and then if I score, then attack more. It seems to work. Either I score another (and so if I concede, its 2-1) or I concede and go on to lose. I've won more than I've lost though.

Hate to say it, but the finger could well be pointed at your tactics. Don't be afraid to go defensive and try to frustrate the opposition.

I hate this game already ;). There is no information as to what is going wrong with your tactics.

Bar not wining of course ;)

Is there any pattern as to how you are conceding? From the flanks, down the middle?

Usually from Penalties, defenders making silly mistakes, corners, that kind of thing. I seem to win comfortably at home against say Wigan and Hull in the cup (I am Leeds) then I will lose against Colchester away. Just lost 3-0 Away at Millwall and followed by a 0-0 with Norwich at home. Nothing I do seems to have an effect. To be honest I am fed up with the game already. I do not have the time or patience to watch the full match engine, I thought I could just pick up and play with a strong team (Leeds in div1) but no, seems that's not possible. I got sack in my first game, won 3 in 18 I think despite playing a simple 4-4-2 formation. Now in my second game I am 7th after 10 games. Just fed up and not enjoying the game. I didn't have this problem on 09, in fact I don't think I have ever been sacked before or not won the league in my first season with Leeds. (in 09)

In my last game, Roma versus Bologna ( one of the worst teams in serie A) I drew again. I replayed the match again with different tactics, still draw. I've done this match 4 times now and drew 4 times. How is that normal or realistic?

Finally I won 2-0. I hoped this would end the draw streaks for a while.

Then after Bologna I played AC Milan: 1-1. Then I played Fiorentina, the game was 1-1 until in the 85th minute I scored so it was 2-1. Then on the 89th minute Fiorentina scores... 2-2. This can't be real anymore..

I had the same thing. Was 2-0 vs Napoli at the 90th minute, and they scored two goals in injury time.

I was managing Milan.

I then started a new game with Juventus and the same thing, was up 2-0 and lost 3-2, funny enough, to Napoli.

Both games strangely were in the same week.

Something has to be done about this.

Opposite for me tbh. 24 games played and NO draws at all, even through pre-season.

Also have the joint best defensive record, helped by a 6 game streak where i did not concede at all. Quite frankly, its your tactics! Try defending, pulling back a little when you take the lead for a while. Its natural the opposition is going to come looking to get back on level terms.

Interestingly, how do you view your matches? I mean the people who are having 'problems'.

Was up 3-0 playing leeds with 10 minutes to go against Torquay, switched to a nice defensive set, told my boys to keep possession, play the ball to feet etc. 3-3 draw.

2 days later, up 3-0 on Huddersfield with 10 minutes to go... exactly the same thing.

Huddersfield.. ok maybe they got lucky, but Torquay? c'mon.

Its your tac......inability to adapt to the match situation when it changes.

nonsense. you can try to hassle and hurry them so they dont have time on the ball, play a dm or 2 to break up play etc, but when john obi mikel gets the ball 30 plus yards out and curls it top right corner theres nowt you can do.

then when the next 4 goals scored are the same, that speaks volumes.

this "its your tactics" malarky comes from fan boys and mods

I always listen to coach and backroom advice. Doesn't help. Even going all defense after I am up by a few goals doesn't help.

I had no problem in pre-season though.

BakerSimon: Great advice dude, I hadn't thought of that AT all :p ...

Only trying to help, no need to be an arse :thup:

I have also drawn alot of game, but to be honest for me I do put it down to my tactics, am playing on super bladesmans edited db down to level 10, I am Dereham in level 9 and most of the teams are very equal (ie totally rubbish, lol), I just need to figure out how to close at games at that level, unlike higher up I simply can't just buy the best players, as I have a buget of 0 and a wage budget of £435 a week I simply can't get any half decent player to come, all I managed to sign was 37 year old Graham Branch on £35 a week.

Basically to quote the old favourite, it probably is your tactics (gets ready to be ambushed!)

I'm on the verge of the sack with Middlesbrough (just a week before Southgate) with this pattern (not problem) 7 draws 3 losses and 2 wins (both when conceding 2). Next game I play I will sort out a more defensive tactic.

Was up 3-0 playing leeds with 10 minutes to go against Torquay, switched to a nice defensive set, told my boys to keep possession, play the ball to feet etc. 3-3 draw.

2 days later, up 3-0 on Huddersfield with 10 minutes to go... exactly the same thing.

Huddersfield.. ok maybe they got lucky, but Torquay? c'mon.

Ahh, I was leader 5-0 at half time. Told me lads I was pleased and sent them out for the second half. Final score 6-5 to us. Cue gray hairs.

Archived