Funnest Club to Manage?

As i am not getting Fm 2010 until christmas, i have been playing the demo. Obviously, with the demo you can only play half a season with the club of your choice. Because of this I have been playing with clubs that i think are funnest to manage:thup: The two clubs that i find funnest to manage are: St Albans, English BlueSquare South Divison, They're always a fun club to try and get promoted, on Fm 09 i got them to League 1.. ...Before the save game got corrupted in a powercut :( Another club thats fun to manage is Treze, Brazil-Third Division, Also, a good club to get promoted. Similarly on Fm 2009 i got them to the top four in the First Divison, but when i got promoted to the first divison the board decided to expand the stadium and put me ten million in debt :( I'd be interested to hear what club you guys find best to manage, you know, the ones you cling onto untill your half way through 2017!

I thought the title said "funniest club to manage" and was going to recommend Liverpool. Have a look at them, they are hilarious :(

As for most fun team to manage - Hoffenheim are great to manage, not huge expectations but always plenty of money and a good squad.

You'll only get about £2.5M first season for transfers but the chairman keeps putting cash into the club. Great fun :D

Newcastle United are more fun to manage this year than they have been for a long time.

No transfer funds, a wage bill bigger than the rest of Championship put together (slight exaggeration but still financially crippling), a very small squad with a strong base but little depth, a tiny handful of very promising youngsters and a genuine challenge to guide the club back to the Premiership and perhaps even to their past glories (Champions League football).

Newcastle United are more fun to manage this year than they have been for a long time.

No transfer funds, a wage bill bigger than the rest of Championship put together (slight exaggeration but still financially crippling), a very small squad with a strong base but little depth, a tiny handful of very promising youngsters and a genuine challenge to guide the club back to the Premiership and perhaps even to their past glories (Champions League football).

I'd add that it is impossible to get rid of your big earners so reducing this wage bill will be impossible I think. Also, for me anyway, disipline seems to be a problem that I cant figure out how to fix. I've had Coloccini sent off 3 times, S.Taylor twice and Sol Campbell who I though would add lots of experience also twice and its only the start of November. At this rate I'll be luck if I make the playoffs assuming of course that the board don't sack me before that!

I'd add that it is impossible to get rid of your big earners so reducing this wage bill will be impossible I think. Also, for me anyway, disipline seems to be a problem that I cant figure out how to fix. I've had Coloccini sent off 3 times, S.Taylor twice and Sol Campbell who I though would add lots of experience also twice and its only the start of November. At this rate I'll be luck if I make the playoffs assuming of course that the board don't sack me before that!

Ive only had a couple of guys sent of. S. Taylor and Nolan, and im around the November mark.

I'm still waiting for the full game so I can only go by the demo, but I had 5 red cards in that time too. Alan Smith was sent off twice, Steven Taylor twice and Coloccini once. I didn't mind it when Smudge got sent of though as I went on to win both of those games 0-4 away from home!

I always liked being HSV, a low top flight team in the French or German league, people will say they are easy leagues, but hardly any players want to play their - which makes getting big names and mounting a champions league challenge quite fun! Also a club called Sassuolo in Serie B (Newly promoted last year i think and finished 7th) i think they are a lower Serie B side but a fun game as the best players are very old, need replacing and not much money either.

I like managing Preston. A team that has little pressure due to lack of success in recent years so the board accept any requests you have if you win something, a chairman who gives you plenty of transfer funds if you promote, and a good team of players were you don't really need to change much (maybe 1 or 2 players) to get promotion.

In FM09 I took on the Luton challenge which I thought was great. A team starting on -30 points and no money, and you had to reduce wage bills and still get them up the table. That was a nice challenge, and probably where I really got into FM rather than just playing as Utd, buying whoever I wanted and winning easily.

I thought the title said "funniest club to manage" and was going to recommend Liverpool. Have a look at them, they are hilarious :(

Agreed. Or for a few more immature laughs, you can always manage "Fukien" in hong kong, always raises a smile when you see "on comes the Fukien physio..."

Try managing FC Santa Claus from Finland! The club is in the lower divisions of the Finnish leagues. But you need to use a data editor to manage this club!

Believe it or not, they are from the town where I live. We do have a slightly better team (RoPS) that was playing in the Finnish top division, until relegated last month. Still, FC Santa Claus has to be one of the best team names in FM, agree!

Archived