Will Editor Features Be Improved In Future Patch?

Quite a number of FM gamers have been discovering the numerous limitations of the editor, even beyond those discussed in the pre-release blogs and videos.

Match and squad issues, promotions and relegations, and playoff systems are all problematic when it comes to adding unplayable leagues that are already in the database. For example, you cannot add combined rules like requiring X number of players who are of domestic nationality AND are under a required age limit. You can add those rules separately but not as combined enforcements. There are leagues that have such restrictions, so it's physically impossible to implement them accurately.

There are many more examples, most of which have already been discovered and revealed in the Editors Hideaway.

But I was wondering if SI plans to expand the editor's functionality and improve its flexibility in one of the forthcoming patches. Or are we stuck with the current editor's features for at least another year?

I certainly appreciate that competition editing was added for this release, but unfortunately it is not a usable feature for those wanting to add leagues to the game with correct rules. I have found almost no unplayable leagues in the database that can be added realistically. You always have to sacrifice something glaring like proper relegation or player restrictions.

As with every new feature, SI will review the feedback from the community and testers after game launch and consider changes and improvements for future patches and games. It is unlikely at this stage that you will get a committment about the future till the dust settles.

Archived