FM 10 Tactics poll

Are your tactics represented in the 3D ME  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Are your tactics represented in the 3D ME

• Yes, I can see my tactics working
    • No, I just try and find any tactic that works

Do you think your tactics are represented the way you would like in the 3D ME and by this I mean do your players play the way you want them to, or do you end up just creating a tactic that works for the game and not really how you wanted your team to play.

not got a clue. never watched a game with the 3d match engine, the same as I've never watched a game in the 2d match engine. CM/FM has always been a spreadsheet to me and that's the way I want to play it. Only interested in the numbers.

not got a clue. never watched a game with the 3d match engine, the same as I've never watched a game in the 2d match engine. CM/FM has always been a spreadsheet to me and that's the way I want to play it. Only interested in the numbers.

Lol each to their own I suppose mate.:D:thup:

No. It's presets or swiss cheese for me.

hehe I love the guy who said "the touchline shouts are just great! everything's working just as I want it to."

You mean everything is working just as WWfan wants it to!?:>

Some people seem to be under the misconception that I, or somebody else, actually built a load of presets. It doesn't work like that. Every tactic you create is 100% your own. We haven't made a single one. All we have done is turn tools into concepts. How you employ the concepts is down to your personal understanding of football and how you want your team to play.

I'm not wwfan's biggest fan (ha) but Pauly, what you're suggesting is really rather stupid and shows a lack of thought on your part. It does not make "pre-set" tactics and has nothing to do with the old system of pre-set tactics.

It is just a way of creating sensible tactics that the user can relate to better than the old system of notches on a slider.

It is a lot better but still has issues

An example - leading by one goal int last 5 minutes and the AI goes to 4-2-4 so I put 5 players in midfield - short passing - slow tempo - keep the ball - time waste - defensive and when I get the ball I should be able to play triangles around the oppositionas it is 5-2 in the midfiled but can't make the players do it instead they try risky passes to the forwards. I can't seem to tell them I don't want another goal I want 50 passes, 50 Oles and 5 minutes of possession.

I'm not wwfan's biggest fan (ha) but Pauly, what you're suggesting is really rather stupid and shows a lack of thought on your part. It does not make "pre-set" tactics and has nothing to do with the old system of pre-set tactics.

It is just a way of creating sensible tactics that the user can relate to better than the old system of notches on a slider.

If you use the "position setups" "trequartista" etc etc.

Then everything you adjust in touchline instructions is adjusted from that base.

I guess the lack of fandom applies both ways, ;), but you have certainly got to grips with the nitty grtty of how this differs from the pre-sets. They have no relationship to the creator at all.

I'm liking the new tactics system at the moment. Selecting the player roles and what you want them to do makes a lot more sense to me than numbers and sliders. That was half the problem with the previous FM's. I knew I wanted a ball winning midfielder in the centre of the park along with another one to push on. However once you had worked out what you wanted your roles to be you had to understand what the sliders were doing. You don't have that trouble any more. You can now simply concentrate on what you want to do rather than understanding how to make it happen. I think its just taken some of the mystery out of it for me.

I've wanted to be able to tell my wingers in a 4-2-3-1 to get inside and support the forward properly for about 4 versions now, and now i can. Hopefully i'll be able to get my def midfielders to drop in and cover behind them properly as well but this isn't so obvious yet.

No ides if its working as i'm bath city and i've so not got the players for that formation, but my 4312 is workiing like a dream.

This new tactics screen is awsome i think. Really impressed with the game in general considering how much i have disliked the last 2 years versions. Nice one SI

I'm really getting a lot of benefit out of the fact that when you select a role for a player in the tactic creator it highlights the key attributes required for the role. Now I can see why if I tell player x to play as a box to box midfielder he might not be suited to that role and so undermine my whole tactic, so I can now tailor my players roles to play to their strengths a lot more effectively than in previous FM's and look for transfer targets that suit positions and roles that my squad may be lacking in for my chosen tactic.

Having said that though it still hasn't prevented me from managing to lose out on top spot in the league by a single point to my teams most bitter rivals.:(

If you hadn't have used the word 3D I would have voted "yes" :p

The ME represents tactics far better than 09 did (my main frustration with 09 was that there seemed to be only one way of playing regardless of what settings you used) but it's still a long way off 07.

FWIW I don't think it's anything to do with the wizard.

• 2 weeks later...
If you hadn't have used the word 3D I would have voted "yes" :p

The ME represents tactics far better than 09 did (my main frustration with 09 was that there seemed to be only one way of playing regardless of what settings you used) but it's still a long way off 07.

FWIW I don't think it's anything to do with the wizard.

This is what I would've written.

I am managing the Newcastle. I faced Chelsea and played as big underdog so I set my tactics as 5-4-0-1, play narrow, and tried to get a boring draw. It worked and Chelsea just couldn't create a single chance inside the box. However, Lampard got his hat trick by scoring three 35+yards strikes. What is the idea about tactics? I hate this game!!! :(

I don't think the 3D show very well how I intend my team to play... But irrelevant really, because I find the tactics in FM10 way too difficult. I just can't make any working tactics it seems, and I really don't have the time/wish to actually sit and adjust my team to each and every opponent... And downloaded tactics only seem to work for 4-5 games, then they're rendered useless since the oppoents seem to see straight through them after that... Kinda really takes the fun out of the game. I've gone back to play FM06, 07 and 08 instead (not 09, since network games on 09 = no go).

Archived